First attempt at HDR

So as per the title, i was reading an article about HDR the other day and thought i would have a go. I have a DSLR and photoshop but never really used the latter.

I don’t have the bracketing option on my D60 So i took one image that was aready on my camera and then used Photoshop to create 3 pictures using a lighter and then darker exposure. Then run them through a trail programme i have to create the HDR and played with some settings.

It was actually quite an enjoyable experience using a guide on youtube.

Probably not to everyone’s liking and please don’t shoot me down if you are a pro as i was only seeing if i could do it :oops:

8142901250_fe63000b37_b.jpg
darkclio_tonemapped2 by sjonesy07, on Flickr

8142859009_d2985be30e_b.jpg
darkclio_tonemapped by sjonesy07, on Flickr

wow that looks awesome mate,great effort,maybe a better back drop would add to it again,wish i new how to do this

At first I didn't like them, looked like a cheap iPhone app photo.. but looking at it closer the "Game" like effect works really well. I like the scene, great edit mate

Last edited:
Both look great, wonder what the second one would look like with the car flat (one image) and the rest in HDR.

Cheers for the comments guys. Now i know a little more about the process i will have another go with a better backdrop. I have done a couple of landscapes and the skys are epic.

And yes its down the side of Halfords.... just seen you are local so will keep a look out.

Great pics mate. You can get some really good effects when playing with the settings.

wow that looks awesome mate,great effort,maybe a better back drop would add to it again,wish i new how to do this

Its not too hard to do this Scott. You just need a camera, tripod and photoshop :smile:

New ones...

So the first couple were a little too 'computer game' for me so i stopped on my way home tonight and took a couple more. Shame i just missed the sun set as these could have been better. Oh and a cleaner car may have been better !

First one a little overdone again but i thought i would show it :

8151728065_49317b012f_c.jpg
clio_tonemapped3 by sjonesy07, on Flickr

This one i think i have got the right amount of drama IMO :

8151541481_827325b7ff_c.jpg
clio.tonemapped by sjonesy07, on Flickr
This one i might play with a little more :

8151537874_c20dc54671_c.jpg
clio_tonemapped2 by sjonesy07, on Flickr

Similar Thread Suggestions