First MOT PASS

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Well guys decided not to go with Renault for MOT as just had Hids fitted so went to the garage that adjusted my head lights soon after fitting the HID kit. I was a little worried about it failing on the hids but the tester said there was no way he was gonna fail it on that said it was the best kit that he had seen fitted thought it was OEM :thumbup1: But that's not the best bit I told him I was thinking about getting an Akropovic Evo exhaust but didn't want to keep replacing the cat everytime for Mot and he said don't worry we don't see why a car that's well looked after should fail on upgrades we'll help it threw next MOT . Very Happy lol

Wish it was like that here in Northern Ireland. The guy in the MoT lane beside me (my local MiT station has 8 lanes, inc 2 HGV lanes) last year failed on a bulb being out. Which meant a re-test needed booked at around £30 plus a week wait for an available appointment. Its very very black and white over here, what with all the MoT centres being government owned and run.

The only upside is that our first MoT isn't due until the car is 4 years old.

Yeah I think the guys were I went are old school they believe in using the advisory part of the MOT . My MOT took 20 minutes but had to hang around for it to go threw the system , I asked why so fast he said the cars mint not really much to check said he even checked the steering for play twice lol

Wish it was like that here in Northern Ireland. The guy in the MoT lane beside me (my local MiT station has 8 lanes, inc 2 HGV lanes) last year failed on a bulb being out. Which meant a re-test needed booked at around £30 plus a week wait for an available appointment. Its very very black and white over here, what with all the MoT centres being government owned and run.

The only upside is that our first MoT isn't due until the car is 4 years old.

thats how it should be over here and not a bent test...

thats how it should be over here and not a bent test...

My guy couldn't issue my test papers because he'd done the MOT inside 25 minutes and VOSA dictate that a test should take over 30 minutes...

They're getting silly strict.

My guy couldn't issue my test papers because he'd done the MOT inside 25 minutes and VOSA dictate that a test should take over 30 minutes...

its now computerised so they have to "log-on" the job...

also they are doing it on the behalf of VOSA - if found fiddling it could result in imprisonment

even a well maintain car can have something wrong with - better to do the test right then to just give it a cursory look

where should all this mot "bending" rules end then?

Nothing bent on my test watched him check lights then put it on ramp slid this jack thing across and started pulling the wheels . Just offered me a little help on my next mot with decat lol

Nothing bent on my test watched him check lights then put it on ramp slid this jack thing across and started pulling the wheels . Just offered me a little help on my next mot with decat lol

so with mot rules should it pass with a cat missing and hid lights.....

I'm not after an argument mate I think hids are a grey area provided there fitted properly I had mine setup on there mot light machine they said the pattern was a pass and wouldn't blind people . As for decat I'm sure if emissions were that much out they wouldn't pass they prob know the precat is good.

It takes about 15 mins over here. Pretty much everything is done by computer, with hydraulic ramps that shake the car, electronic brake testers embedded in the ground etc.

So long as it passes on emissions then weather it has cats or not shouldn't matter.

it does now the new regs come in and if a cat was fitted then IT MUST be in place to pass!

whether the tester notices it missing or not is another matter

mines been through 3-4 mot and never picked up on the number plates until last year :whatever:

all i will say is that the test will get harder to pass and these places that "turn a blind eye" to certain cars mods are lining themselves up for a fall!!!