Fitting projectors NOW - HELP!

I am being dumb here, all the bulbs are working with just the one big plug but what does the smaller plug actually do as there is no way to even connect it ?
Is it for the levelling or something ?

Stupid question but have you swapped the levelling motor over from your old lights to the new projectors as the grey plug your trying to plug into looks like the connector for the cornering lamps on the projector unit which nothing plugs into if you just had standard reflector headlights before...

The black plug that the connector was plugged into before should have been the levelling motor which needs to be un-clipped and transferred to the new projectors.

Hope this helps!

Stupid question but have you swapped the levelling motor over from your old lights to the new projectors as the grey plug your trying to plug into looks like the connector for the cornering lamps on the projector unit which nothing plugs into if you just had standard reflector headlights before...

The black plug that the connector was plugged into before should have been the levelling motor which needs to be un-clipped and transferred to the new projectors.

Hope this helps!

Cheers for that mate, how do you undo the motor from the standard lights?

Cheers for that mate, how do you undo the motor from the standard lights?

You twist the motor either clockwise or anti-clockwise so you hear it click and then you have to tilt it up so that the plastic ball joint on the arm or the motor comes out from the u-shaped socket that's inside the headlight..

If you take the rubber caps off that cover the lamp holders you'l see the white coloured ball joint going into the clip..

Then it's just the reverse to refit into the projector.

You twist the motor either clockwise or anti-clockwise so you hear it click and then you have to tilt it up so that the plastic ball joint on the arm or the motor comes out from the u-shaped socket that's inside the headlight..

If you take the rubber caps off that cover the lamp holders you'l see the white coloured ball joint going into the clip..

Thanks mitch your my HERO :smile:

Be very careful when swopping over the motors. Make sure u hold the light holder in the up position when u plug in the motor else u gonna end up with lights pointing straight down. I had this problem and had to redo the whole installation

Thanks guys, after 4 hours it's finally done and the difference is amazing.

Don't want to be doing that job again anytime soon :smile:

I went for Philips Diamond Vision, a great substitute for the xenon look without going down the HID route, hard to picture the bluey tint but ...
15eee238.gif

100% man. Also running diamond vision and i fully agree with your HID alternative statement.

Bought projectors yesterday and read this thread to figure out installation.

So it is okay that the inside of the projector can move now since it is not fixated with the levelling motor? (Just want to make sure that mines are not broken or anything, I can hear/see the inner part of the projector moving in the box).

Bought projectors yesterday and read this thread to figure out installation.

So it is okay that the inside of the projector can move now since it is not fixated with the levelling motor? (Just want to make sure that mines are not broken or anything, I can hear/see the inner part of the projector moving in the box).

Yes if you haven't fitted the levelling motor to your projectors and the projector housing inside the headlamp unit seems loose and moves around its normal as the motor and arm haven't been fitted to keep the inner part fixed..

I also thought mine were broken when I got them second hand for exactly the same reason but it was all good once the motor was clipped in..

Good! That makes me feel better, thanks! Just wanted to be sure I did not bought damaged projectors. Can't wait to install them! Needs to get less cold over here so I can wash the car and then take the bumper off.
I am going to install an HID-kit too. Is it smarter to do that all at once or can I install that HID-kit later too?

If I were you I would install the HID kit at the same time as you fit the projectors so you don't have to take the bumper off twice.. I was tempted to install a HID kit but decided to get some Phillips diamond vision bulbs for main and dipped beam with some LED sidelights.

Was cheaper an they give the same blue light as a 5000k HID kit. Oh and with your old headlights, youl have to transfer the black trim off the bottom of those to your projector headlights as it helps the bumper locate when you put it back on.. Just needs the rivets drilling out to get them off!