Flacsi's Racing Red 197

Looks very nice Tamas! Curious for the result!

Why did you choose too place the expansion thank on the right side? If I remember right it's normally placed on the left?

So where are you putting the battery then Tamas? There will be some noticeable weight loss from the front when you take into consideration AC and battery:wink: Don't try to drive your car in the Alps on a rainy summer day though haha

[MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION], I have the racing battery , with no liquid inside, its the yellow one on one of the pictures above, so it goes below passenger seat.

So where are you putting the battery then Tamas? There will be some noticeable weight loss from the front when you take into consideration AC and battery:wink: Don't try to drive your car in the Alps on a rainy summer day though haha

[MENTION=30849]fre23[/MENTION], because I will have a hybrid solution: R3 Acces airbox but R3 Maxi front piece, so the fresh cold air will come from where the header tank is sitting. The rally garage decided to move it to the left, not too close to the hot engine and the mounting point are better on hte left side.

I already removed the washing liquid tank, as its useless, and could save min 5.5kg - think about when its fulfilled with liquid.

24076110680_02e9fbfbfe_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr

Looks very nice Tamas! Curious for the result!

Why did you choose too place the expansion thank on the right side? If I remember right it's normally placed on the left?

I see the way I did it as been taken up. Nice to know great minds think alike! Are you going to move your air temp sensor away from the inlet manifold onto the air inlet of the filter. toyed with the idea of doing this, but I think Ill do this when I come to re mapp the beast in the spring, thats after fitting the R3 exhaust manifold. See what differing results bring.

wow [MENTION=52417]krash67[/MENTION], was not aware you have done it in the same way!

Looks like I have to change the top engine bearer/bracket and I can see yours is not OEM Renaultsport, may I ask why have you opted for this?

I see the way I did it as been taken up. Nice to know great minds think alike! Are you going to move your air temp sensor away from the inlet manifold onto the air inlet of the filter. toyed with the idea of doing this, but I think Ill do this when I come to re mapp the beast in the spring, thats after fitting the R3 exhaust manifold. See what differing results bring.

[MENTION=30849]fre23[/MENTION], because I will have a hybrid solution: R3 Acces airbox but R3 Maxi front piece, so the fresh cold air will come from where the header tank is sitting. The rally garage decided to move it to the left, not too close to the hot engine and the mounting point are better on hte left side.

I already removed the washing liquid tank, as its useless, and could save min 5.5kg - think about when its fulfilled with liquid.

24076110680_02e9fbfbfe_h.jpgUntitled by Tamás Flatsker, on Flickr
Lol, that's my picture/part. :smiley:

And you should definitely move the IAT sensor to the airbox, far away from the heat.

wow @krash67, was not aware you have done it in the same way!

Looks like I have to change the top engine bearer/bracket and I can see yours is not OEM Renaultsport, may I ask why have you opted for this?

I think I know what you mean, but its the original mounts but fitted with power flex bushes.

@Flacsi - towards the right hand side of your first picture (the engine bay, on the previous page), the rubber looking thing with the 3 bolts going through it - is that the gearbox mount?
@Pav might be interested in taking a look too

Last edited:
Guys, measured the goodies which came out:18.5kg, all from the front axle!
air con compressor, radiator and tubes
airbox and tubes
oem pulley

yipppiii :smile: