Focus ST - Astra VXR

Been looking and reading up alot on these two cars, would be looking at the 2010 versions not brand new.

Anyone had any experience of these cars at all?

In that bracket, and not speaking from personal experience (only reviews, word of mouth etc.)

The Megane is the most fun, and you'll also find a lot of biased opinion on here towards it.

The Focus has a good chassis, get and ST3 and you've got a great spec, and the recaros are nice and comfy. The engine is supposedly full of character but also loves a drink.

The Astra is possibly the best looking, but carries the 'Chav' stigma, they're also supposedly the worst handling and can cost a lot to get them up to the cornering performance of either of the two above.

Usual rules apply though, if your interested in them, go for a drive in them, join the clubs they're associated with and see which one takes your fancy.

I had been looking to get a VXR before I got my 197. But I struggled to find good reviews.

Awful reliability, poor handling etc.

Only good thing that you'll find with it, is straight line speed and they sound amazing imo.

Between the st and the meg, st has the much better interior so easier to live with day to day both handle well but the meg is better, the st drinks fuel but responds better to mods all depends what your after and I don't really like the older vxr although when the handling is sorted they are supposed to be pretty good but I haven't driven one