Ford Fiesta ST v Renault Clio 220 Trophy v MINI JCW

Before i watch it ,if the fiesta took em out ,its some brilliant car i must say ( even better than our 197/200)[emoji21] [emoji26]

Editted:
[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
Cant belive it :worried:( i realy interesting how the fiesta compare to our non cup/cup 197/200!! Cuz it beated jcw and trophy and on its most basic versionnnnn !!! Unbeliveablee
Our clio's glory days is over?[emoji13] [emoji20]

Last edited:
Have to think Renault clios will go back to a manual after all this. That latest mini is horribly ugly

I don't think it needs to go back to manual, it just needs a better auto. Obviously it would be great to have a manual option, but if they could just get the autobox on par with the Mini for example going by that video, I can't help but think there wouldn't be any negativity surrounding the Clio.

They already say the Clio has an amazing chassis and grips like nothing else. It has more power than the Fiesta, it's still less harsh on the road, the only downfall is the 'box.

Throw in Stage 1 and you're bringing the Fiesta up to 215 and the Clio to ~250

Last edited:
Before i watch it ,if the fiesta took em out ,its some brilliant car i must say ( even better than our 197/200)[emoji21] [emoji26]

Editted:
[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
Cant belive it :worried:( i realy interesting how the fiesta compare to our non cup/cup 197/200!! Cuz it beated jcw and trophy and on its most basic versionnnnn !!! Unbeliveablee
Our clio's glory days is over?[emoji13] [emoji20]

Not really. I just sold my Fiesta ST and got myself another 200. Driving experience and feel are a personal thing but other than the engine it offers nothing, from a driving experience point of view, over the 200. Its engine is very tuneable however once you go above the MP215 package power offerings it begins to detract from the experience. It becomes too fast for the road and loses that "feel". You cant drive it on the road for worry that your quickly speeding.

You'd also think the suspension would be better, ride comfort wise, that the 200 Cup chassis. This is not the case. In my experience (I had my ST for 2.5 years and tried coilovers as well) the ride quality/comfort is very bad.

The Fiesta is an awesome car. Its just better in nearly standard trim/level.

Tried watching this yesterday, turned it off when he called the box crap, like pretty much every other idiot on youtube reviewing the car after 30 minutes driving it.

Pretty much every owner on and other forums (oz for example) sais different.

No doubt the fiesta is a great car, but for me my 200t is brilliant.

Its mostly up to the driver kaz..
Even if the fiesta is better around track its not that "by far" then if you left far behind so... Its the driver mate
(All that said if you meant on corners) if straight line so duh... 215 v200 with more weight [emoji1]

Last edited:
Chris I totally agree with you personally I could never go back to a manual box especially on track
Tried watching this yesterday, turned it off when he called the box crap, like pretty much every other idiot on youtube reviewing the car after 30 minutes driving it.

Pretty much every owner on and other forums (oz for example) sais diff

No doubt the fiesta is a great car, but for me my 200t is brilliant.

I was following one of these for a short blast a couple nights ago, straight line there was no difference between it and my 200, cornering and under braking my clio was in a different league cornering wise which will be partly my coilovers and geo setup, and partly due to the other driver being pretty pathetic when it came to braking. I'm guessing it hadn't been mapped or anything as it wasn't faster in a straight line, was nigh on identical acceleration.

I recently sold my fully loaded ST-2 for a 220 Trophy. To me the Trophy rides much much better, feels faster, sounds better and is a much nicer place to be in stop start traffic due to the box. As a daily driver I don't regret my decision one little bit.

I really dont understand why they dont like the flappy paddles, in my view the mini's like bmw's are just buttons on the steering wheel. But the 220 has a proper paddle with real feel not a crap button on the back. it shifts lightening quick and sounds awesome. i just dont get it. Think im getting 220 soon as i can get an ex demo.

I would really like a run out in a 200t, personally I think they look great. I think people prob just need to get used to the auto box. Have driven alot of auto box in work in road testing cars and I like them. I don't think as [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] said a half hour road test prob wouldn't give you the time or to get used to the box.

I would offer [MENTION=4447]chris1888-197[/MENTION] but Glasgow is a bit of a trek for me lol!!

WTH happened to the mini, gosh its freakin ugly, those earlier models had the right flavour but the new style, way to much german pencils designing away a great british marque.

I would offer [MENTION=4447]chris1888-197[/MENTION] but Glasgow is a bit of a trek for me lol!!

Lol, no probs mate [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION]. I will. Maybe get a test drive in one at the dealers. I am thinking about going to the French car show in June ( bit of a treck) I know but was really gong to try go last year and it never happened. Is it worth the journey ?