200: Fresh shoes on this weekend!

RossWoods93

Cuckmeister General
Platinum Member
4 x ContiSport Contact 5's going on this weekend! All corners were getting close to the mark, so it's time for a fresh set! Normally only ever swapped the fronts but it's time for the lot!

Expensive day but managed to grab them at £93 a corner (with the VAT knocked off) but have definitely noticed a seriously lack grip past few weeks, so looking forward to seeing the difference!

Always gone for the ContiSports as I'm not too clued up on my tyres and they were ones on when I bought the car, but always open to other recommendations for general road use / high mileage tyres in the future!

My 5's (XL version with the stiffer sidewalls) are truly excellent on the road...

Very likely to replace with the same.

My 5's (XL version with the stiffer sidewalls) are truly excellent on the road...

Very likely to replace with the same.

I noticed the cracking on the sidewalls on the current set I have at the minute, was that the thinking for using the stiffer sidewalls? Not sure what detrimental effects this has but it would be nice if they didn't crack up!

Nice one Ross.

Think for daily driving and the odd spirited drive almost tyres from reputable manufacturers will be good!

I have Goodyear eagle f1s on mine and they are good!

Reactions: RossWoods93
Can't beat a set of new boots Ross!

Conti's get great reviews.

Jealous, as I could do with some new rubber:grinning:

Conti 5's are excellent. We used them as wets on track in Timeattack 2015. TA 2016 meant a swap to Pirelli.

Have I effectively turned into my dad by putting Bridgestone T001 Turanza's on mine?

I agree with Chris, as long as the tyres are from a well-known brand then you won't go too far wrong! I have the GY Eagles on mine and love them! You'll defo notice the difference with a full set all round, well worth spending the money on a good set of rubber!

The conti sport 5's are very good all round. I think i have one track day left in the Bridgestones then i was going to go for the Conti 5 or Pilot sport 4.

The conti sport 5's are very good all round. I think i have one track day left in the Bridgestones then i was going to go for the Conti 5 or Pilot sport 4.
I'd throw Goodyear Eagle F1's into the mix as well at that sort of budget. They're all very good

Maybe i'm just fussy but I haven't been impressed with the performance of the Eagle F1 Asy3s in the wet. I know they're a summer tyre but I really was expecting more from them given the good reviews they get.

Nice, I really like conti 5s but after switching to Yokohama AD08Rs I use them all year round! Yes I'm only slightly mad haha

let us know how you find them Ross..

I was complaining about my handling in the wet at the Xmas meal, always feeling skittish/like it could aquaplane at any minute, but I'm guessing degrading tyres are a big influence in that regard! So if anything this time of year, I'm hoping for better feel in the wet weather!

Shall let you know when I have a proper run out!

I was complaining about my handling in the wet at the Xmas meal, always feeling skittish/like it could aquaplane at any minute, but I'm guessing degrading tyres are a big influence in that regard! So if anything this time of year, I'm hoping for better feel in the wet weather!

Shall let you know when I have a proper run out!
yeah when they get to their minimum they will feel dangerous for sure..best to get a new set..

I rate pilot sport 4s higher than conti 5s
Had the cs5 before, then switched to the ps4, must agree, a slightly better tyre, not by much as the contis are very good as well, but I definitely noticed a nicer and stiffer sidewall, gripwise though they are very close to each other, did not notice the ps4s being stickier, the grip provided by both is on the same level imo. i guess if youre more into cruising than abusing the cs5 is a bit more comfortable

Maybe i'm just fussy but I haven't been impressed with the performance of the Eagle F1 Asy3s in the wet. I know they're a summer tyre but I really was expecting more from them given the good reviews they get.

I never tend to push it in the wet, but there's been the odd occasion I've noticed some understeer when the roads have been wet/greasy - usually coming off a roundabout and accelerating early. It's only been slight and I put that down to the condition of the roads rather than the tyres, but I can see what you mean.