Freshly detailed LY R27

richandgem

Platinum Member
After spending the weekend detailing the 197 and given I haven't posted any for a while I thought I'd get some pics up.
I gave it a full detail and wanted to get it sealed up for the winter so this is what I did.
Removed the wheels, cleaned them inside and out then waxed them.
Washed the car
Clay barred it
Polished it with some poorboys SSR2 and a Meguiars G220
Glazed using Clearkote red moose
Sealed with Poorboys EXP
Waxed with Dodo Orange crush
and then a quick spray with Dodo red mist.
Here are my pics
clio19701.jpg
clio19703.jpg
clio19704.jpg
clio19705.jpg
clio19706.jpg
clio19707.jpg
clio19708.jpg
clio19709.jpg

Looking very good, i really need to get mine ready for the winter! How long did it take you overall???

I use either the megs or poorboys clay bar. I buy mild ones because I really look after the paint work, and they make a very noticable difference mate. You'll never get a really smooth finish without a clay bar imo

I use either the megs or poorboys clay bar. I buy mild ones because I really look after the paint work, and they make a very noticable difference mate. You'll never get a really smooth finish without a clay bar imo

thanks i must get one and give it a go before the weather gets bad, the overhead shot looks spot on!

The shine that comes off the LY car's is just out of this world!

What kind of pad did you use along with the SSR2 to polish?

thanks i must get one and give it a go before the weather gets bad, the overhead shot looks spot on!

If you've never done it before mate, get yourself down to a Halfords and buy a clay bar starter kit mate, they have everything in it you need. Then get on youtube and search for guides on how to do it :smile:

The shine that comes off the LY car's is just out of this world!

What kind of pad did you use along with the SSR2 to polish?
thanks mate, all the hard work definately pays off on LY. I use the megs polishing pad with the SSR2 :smile:

If you've never done it before mate, get yourself down to a Halfords and buy a clay bar starter kit mate, they have everything in it you need. Then get on youtube and search for guides on how to do it :smile:

Yeah i will do thanks for the advice. I will get the results up when im done (if its not a disaster lol!)

Yeah i will do thanks for the advice. I will get the results up when im done (if its not a disaster lol!)
my three tips are:
1. use plenty of lube (detailing spray) :wink:
2. and fold the bar frequently.
3. dont press down hard on it, let the bar do the work

my three tips are:
1. use plenty of lube (detailing spray) :wink:
2. and fold the bar frequently.
3. dont press down hard on it, let the bar do the work

Glide across the paintwork as such.. Would that be a correct term?

I take a bucket of hot water with me when im claying my R27, so i fold the clay in the warm water. Maybe doesnt make a difference but i feel better about it.

cheers guys, been a great help! ill get that done this week. how often do you clay the car then im guessing its not everytime you wash it, its just to remove impurities in the paintwork!?

cheers guys, been a great help! ill get that done this week. how often do you clay the car then im guessing its not everytime you wash it, its just to remove impurities in the paintwork!?

I have done my car once in the 4 months iv owned it. But doing it again tomorrow or Tuesday. People vary but i would want to do it once every few months just to keep on top.

pictures never do this colour justice they look so much better in person . top job though mate i guess it was not 10 hours straight? some good POTM shots there too!

Last edited:
looks loverllyyyy... shame pics dnt do the liquid yellow justice becoz a fully detailed one to the naked eye looks something else!! gona be doing a full detail on mine in a couple of weeks, have imployed my m8 to give me a hand, hopefully get it done in under 10 hours :wink: