Front grill going grey!!

It really makes the car look battered! tried some different back to black stuff, to no success!
Anyone got a good tip to get them black again without spraying? that maybe the end result I think though.

Thanks for the comment. How to? not sure if this was a guide section or questions and comments section!

"how to" is for showing "how to" do jobs on the car changing parts etc

detailing section is really for this item

so i have moved the thread :wink:

good to know, same thing happening to my own, weird thing is its only the 2 higher up ones, the lower grill still looks factory fresh. Was considering spraying them black, but looks a bit to fiddly.

seen some painted and they look good (black) :thumbup1: was gloss so could be polished

DSC02958.jpg

Good stuff that, I use it on mine. Ok it is expensive for the size of the bottle, BUT you have to use such a small amount that it lasts forever and it makes water bead from the plastics.

http://www.detailedobsession.com/ca...d=184&osCsid=7ba467ed7eb0b3811bc57d1a5cd9d56d

(PS I think this is in the wrong part of the forum :tongueout:)

This is all you need! By far the best stuff on the market. as above, you only needtiny amounts so lasts ages. My grills are now permenantly black after 10-12 coats over last 8 months so hardly need to use it now.

Works just as good on the wheel arches and rear diffuser too :smile:

Ordered some, should be here tomorrow. Have washed and polished car but always looks nearly there with the grill looking grey!
Thanks for all the pointers :smile:

take them off, primer them and spray them matt black. The grey works its way back through in no time. It'll take and hour max.

Try Plasticare from eBay, it can be applied with a rag or brush and stains the plastic back to original colour and will not fade within 18 months. It can also be used on any interior plastics aswell as exterior.