Front Indicators

Just got my 197 (Racing Blue, black wheels, cup suspension) and very nice it is too - even if it could do with a longer 6th gear - have just come from a performance diesel so am missing the low-down 6th gear torque.

However, I have a question about lamps wich I'm sure someone on here knows the answer to ...

Was looking to change the indicator bulbs to blue or silver items, went to look at the front lamps and each headlamp unit appears to have 2 indicator bulbs in it. Is this "normal" or do I have a specific option on mine? They're the silver-backed units, don't think they're xenons, there's no washer jets on the bumper (if this is a "linked" option to anything) and don't think they're the turning lights. Have looked at lots of pics on here and those that are close-up enough only appear to have 1 indicator bulb each side.

Just thought it as unusual to have 2 bulbs each side. And after all this the previous owner has already fitted silver bulbs at the front anyway!! So I just need to sort the rears ...

Any comments anyone?

It won't have 2 indicator bulbs, are you sure it's not just a reflection? (Not taking the p*ss, it caught me out and a few people commented when they saw my lights close up!)

4824177023_26c7b3d4ce_b.jpg

It won't have 2 indicator bulbs, are you sure it's not just a reflection? (Not taking the p*ss, it caught me out and a few people commented when they saw my lights close up!)

4824177023_26c7b3d4ce_b.jpg

Spot on - yep it's a reflection and I now look a t**t.

Really deceptive tho - had to take the bulb out to check then "both" bulbs disappeared - d'oh !!

Just ordered blue osrams for front & back indicators - should look goor when fitted ...

thx for the help guys