Fuel economy

Conducted an experiment, This weekend i went to Blackpool from Kettering a journey of 180 Miles via the A14 , M6 ( not the toll road part) then M55 into Blackpool stopped the weekend then returned via the same route 360 miles in total
I Filled up with fuel in Kettering , joined the A14 set the cruise control to 70 mph ( the first time its been used ) and headed to Blackpool with one stop on route and no traffic holdups and keeping to a steady 70 MPH both going and returning i averaged 36.5 MILES PER GALLON thus completing the journey on one tank of fuel with a bit to spare
However its fair to say that it was 3 hours of watching every car on the motorway fly past me and made for a very boring journey but on the upside it was a pleasent drive in the sunshine

theres a time and place for letting her race about mate
but its nice to know when you need to get that little bit
more for your money its there.especally when the price of fuel is so high.
nice wk end to cruise about rather than race about:thumbup:

I dd the same, Manchester to Stratford and back on 40 quid, average of 37.2mpg!! And that's with a few short blasts

Driving my Clio from Leicester to Worcester to put my plate on it on the day I bought it in January, I was taking it easy it being a new car 2 me and all. Cruising down the motorways, M69, M6 and M5 at 75mph with the cruise control on and I managed 37mpg too. Normal driving I usually get 25mpg! But I do mainly drive short distances and around towns and slow roads. I only ever managed 35mpg out of my 1.2 doing the same journeys.

Last edited:
I couldn't get 36mpg from ours if I pushed it off a cliff. plus I cant be bothered taking easy that long lol

I have got 45mpg from the 182 though :smile:

i drove from rugeley to northampton and back on £25 of premium unleaded, went jus over half a tank. i didnt think it was too bad as i flew there an flew back. was bout 150miles in total i think. the average MPG was sayin 25.3 tho which is quite bad.

Fuel economy!

I think you should be banned for bringing this up on this site :ban:

lol only messing.

I got 333miles out of £59 of Vpower, last me a week.

In terms of fuel cost, fortunately I don't do many miles in my 197. I've had it since January and only done about 2750 brilliant miles in it!