Fuel pump replacement (197)

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
How much should this cost to do?

Roo's owner been quote £375 :scared:

Is this right?

I had mine done Mike under warranty... apparently they had to drop the axel as they had to also empty the tank which means completely removing it mine cost about £700 I think (well that's what the main dealer charged the warranty company)

I had mine done Mike under warranty... apparently they had to drop the axel as they had to also empty the tank which means completely removing it mine cost about £700 I think (well that's what the main dealer charged the warranty company)

This is rubbish im afraid. I changed my own fuel tank last year and put my fuel pump into the replacement tank so same job in my eyes.

Rear axle stays in place. You have to remove the diffuser, centre section and handbrake cables. The fuel lines clip off and the sensor unplugs then one jubilee clip holds the filler neck on. After that its 5 bolts around the tank and the whole thing drops down.

I even did mine 3/4 full and aslong as your careful dropping the tank level it mostly stays inside! The tank must be dropped either way as the pump cant be removed from the access panel under the rear seats, terrible design!

This is rubbish im afraid. I changed my own fuel tank last year and put my fuel pump into the replacement tank so same job in my eyes.

Rear axle stays in place. You have to remove the diffuser, centre section and handbrake cables. The fuel lines clip off and the sensor unplugs then one jubilee clip holds the filler neck on. After that its 5 bolts around the tank and the whole thing drops down.

I even did mine 3/4 full and aslong as your careful dropping the tank level it mostly stays inside! The tank must be dropped either way as the pump cant be removed from the access panel under the rear seats, terrible design!

what dummies doing it like that!!!!!

Pumps £200 cost, then as said the axle needs dropping, so that includes rear brake lines off etc etc, removal of exhaust, drop the tank etc

Pain in the arse tbh

I *think* its part of the pump unit, ie all as one. There is a cut out under the rear seat for access, but the RS pump wont fit through it!