Garage Pitted My Alloys! Help!

Hi guys,

On the complete flipside of a post I put earlier complementing Tyres Northampton on how efficient and generally pleased I was with their service - upon cleaning the car this evening I noticed my front right alloy is pitted to f**k which is something I haven't done.

The reason I know this, is that I've always prided myself on the fact that I have a perfectly unmarked set of wheels.

Needless to say I'm pretty pissed although it's only one spoke that's been marked.

In your guys experience would a garage deny it to the death when I ring them tomorrow and complain? I'm either after a GOOD discount on the servicing I have booked with them or a credit and picking up the bill for a refurb.

Thoughts?

Sam

Just try mate, explain the situation, take pics etc. I've not had a problem with them before.

To be honest if you can wear your Tyres down to the canvas and not notice I wouldn't entertain you. And any damage would likely be a scratch, not pitting?

With all the story's of wheels getting damaged by tyre fitters I hear I would always take pics. before getting them done unless I knew the fitter personally.
J

Ring asap! the longer you leave it, the less likely a good outcome.

This has always been a problem with every car I've ever had - only solution to avoid is

A)ensure the fitter uses a rim protector (usually a nylon insert)
and B) they don't use an iron bar and prise the wheel off using it.

I always use someone I know who takes a bit of car - never go to a new or random place as you never know what service you will get.

As a tip alloy refurb places usually do a better job that tyre fitters as they are used to putting tyres on immaculate/new refurbed rims.

I hope you get it sorted btw - plenty of photo's and complaining by letter/email/phone.