Garage Width For A 197

Me and the mrs are in the process of looking at new houses and one must have is a garage.

I've got the dimensions of the 197 from the brochure but I would be interested to know how wide a garage I would need for the car not only to fit inside but to be able to get in and out of the drivers side comfortably.

There is a house we are thinking of putting an offer on where the garage is 2.5 meteres wide and really long.

Cheers in adavnce! :thumbup1:

I'm sure that would be plenty of room to be honest. I've just moved and didn't check, had a quick try and putting it in the garage the other night and I don't think it will fit, not without me losing some weight anyway!

Also give consideration to Foxspeed's recent issue - if the battery goes down while in the garage, you can only get in through the passenger door.

Also give consideration to Foxspeed's recent issue - if the battery goes down while in the garage, you can only get in through the passenger door.

Unless you have a key as opposed to keycard :-p

We just bought a new build house last May. Both cars fit in comfortablt, though I do tend to park over to the one side to let me get out easier.

I had this issue, in my garage i have to park with the passenger wing mirror about 1" from the wall, and even then i have to set my seat right far back and squeeze out the car.

Went to get the car out the other day, bloody keyfob decided it wasnt playing ball, had to go get the spare one. I think i'll be borrowing someones 4yr old if my battery ever dies :chair:

2.5m. will be plenty of room but depends how much space you need to get out of the car. You won't be able to open the door fully of course as 3door cars have longer doors than 5 door cars. A length of thick old carpet nailed to the wall will stop your door edges being chipped.

Yeah you'll be fine.

We have a garage on a new build, and she fits in the garage perfectly....and I try to go over one side too so I can get out easily.

Carpeted the garage now too, so she is snug and cosy! :wink: