Gearbox Strip and Diff Fit

Tarticmonkey

Paid Member
All,

I am currently budgeting for parts over winter and wanted some peoples thoughts regarding if some jobs are worth attempting as DIY. (If not I will budget for labour costs too hence the post)

For an ambitious amateur how difficult would it be to strip the gearbox off of the car and fit my own LSD?

Or is this something that I would be better left with someone a bit more qualified?

Hopefully later this year I will have my own garage space where things can be left in pieces etc.

Happy for you to call me a special child if you think I'm being to daft to even think about this :smiley:

Reactions: burrellbloke
Polybushing the biggest issues is having the correct tools/big enough hammer to make it financially worth not paying someone to do it for you.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Polybushing can be a bit of a pain tbh. It’s not exactly difficult or complex, it’s just crap trying to get the bush to go in straight/square without spitting itself out sideways.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
Cheers guys. Good feedback as ever.

Only thought of doing bushes mi sen, is as I think I'll be dropping the subframe when doing the gearbox so thought of it as an a whilst you're there job.

@R20BTG I may be interested when you stick them up for sale.