genuine carbon wrapping

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
pinched this from another forum as it may interest some of you.
this is the same sort of thing i had done to my dash parts.

Martin at CATFabs ( www.catfabs.com ) runs a custom carbon fibre wrapping service, where you can have virtually any interior / exterior part of your car wrapped in genuine carbon fibre, not imitation vinyl!
As each item is individually done, pricing is on request, His range is due to expand as he looks to provide parts for other cars.
So if your interested, contact them at http://www.catfabs.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Quote: Here at CATFabs we offer a cosmetic Carbon Fibre wrapping service, using only top quality materials to achieve a very high standard of finish.
We use only genuine 2x2 twill weave carbon fibre fabric, not the cheap vinyl self adhesive stuff which is commonly passed off as "Carbon Fibre"

Each part to be wrapped is carefully cleaned and prepared to accept an epoxy resin coat onto which bonds the CF fabric to the part. Further layers of epoxy are then applied, left to cure and sanded smooth. Lastly, the part is finished with 6 coats of acrylic lacquer and polished to a high gloss.
Most interior and exterior parts can be wrapped to enhance the appearance and create an individual style.

Cheers jase, what do you reckon the price range would be to get the diffuser done on a 200

EDIT: Also what did you have wrapped?

Last edited:
Only way to know is ask them I would guess...

Yer I've sent a request to the first link on here, will send one to the other place too and see what comes out best. I was gonna get the diffuser wrapped by totally dynamique in london but I don't think it would be the same effect as this type of wrapping would it?

No it wouldn't be the same at all. Will be much better this way and look the part too!

No it wouldn't be the same at all. Will be much better this way and look the part too!

Thought so, was pretty excited when I saw Jase's link, the end result looks the nuts! If the quotes are too high I might ask totally dynamique if they could do it.

Thanks for the link Jase, however I've sent an email to that guy (Martin apparently) about 5 days ago asking for a quote for wrapping some bits and pieces but he hasn't come back to me yet:worried: All I can do is wait I suppose..

Thanks for the link Jase, however I've sent an email to that guy (Martin apparently) about 5 days ago asking for a quote for wrapping some bits and pieces but he hasn't come back to me yet:worried: All I can do is wait I suppose..

This has just reminded that i sent them an email. I sent two companies one and haven't heard anything back... I sent it the day Jase posted this thread. Poor customer service