Germs Ultra Red and Deep Purple Clio 197 Dream/Project

Callum German

Gold Member
So my first car was a 2004 Clio 1.2 16V, I had her for 4 years and she was the cleanist and prettiest around. But it was time to grow up and a few weeks back I won a 2006 197 on eBay in Utra Red. She wash't in bad shape but I'm very picky and considering my job I have a good(or maybe bad) eye for dents and general shabbiness. My plan was always to strip her down and give her some good TLC. Repairing all dents, repaint and many mods. She's stripped down at the moment and ready for me to start repairing. I'm going to paint the whole car so its nice and fresh and all the paintwork matches. I will also do the roof, new spoiler, wheels, grilles, badges, trims and interior trims in a very dark purple that looks black in the shade, with lots of sparkle. The interior and engine will be done after the outside is finished due to the cost of things ;/ The parts I have already purchased are as follows:

4X Toyo Proxes T1-R(Fitted to fully refurbished alloys)
Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
Renault Clio lll 200 Rear Spoiler
High Temperature Red Caliper Paint + Brembo Vinyls
New Carbon Effect Domed Number Plates

If you have any recommendations or advice I'd love to listen. I'm also thinking that in time I'd like to retrim the front seats and steering wheel, does anyone have any recommendations for that? They're ripped and shabby. I will also be adding a full exhaust system, induction kit and remap for a bit more grunt. Any advice on what parts I should get would also be awesome please?

I've never used these forums before, but I hope you enjoy my update. I'll update weekly, thanks

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 402
  • image3-2.jpg
    image3-2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Which seats do you have, the regular sport seats or the recaro seats?
To be doing that work you've got more money than me. Good luck with it mate.

Awesome! Cheers guys! I'll have a look about, trying to gather the funds together for the next stages so I'll have plenty of time to look in to it all and find the best prices too. Someones just offered me a ITG Maxogen, are they worth having for the right price? How much does it normally cost for a retrim from Royal Steering Wheels? Unfortunately I only have the regular sport ones, but both need new bases, or foam and a retrim. I would love some leather Recaros, but they're so expensive. Really appreciating all the advice and info, thanks again guys

30/15/2015

So for the last few weeks I've been stripping and repairing all the bodywork. Including both bumpers, every single insert you can imagine(including the interior trims) and all the welded panels. Didn't realise how many car park dings and how badly dented the roof was. But I'm certain all this hard work will pay off. She's ready for primer now, but looking a bit of a mess aha:d

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 361
  • image3-3.jpg
    image3-3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 361
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 360
  • image1-2.jpg
    image1-2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Keep the updates coming mate... Interested to see this deep purple! Also above, get Jack at Royal Steering Wheels to do your retrim, did mine and looks great!

Primed and almost ready for paint!

06/06/2015

Thanks guys! I will do once I've saved up enough to start on the interior :smile: Right so it was primed last Saturday, throughout the last week and all of today I've been flatting the primer and getting the car ready for paint. Just a bit more stripping and rubbing down to do and she should be painted at some point over the next week or so. I also dry fitted the spoiler today, really does transform the look even when the cars in such a state. Starting to get excited now :jump1:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image2-2.jpg
    image2-2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 350
  • image1-3.jpg
    image1-3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 351
  • image4-2.jpg
    image4-2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 354
  • image3-4.jpg
    image3-4.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Body, bumpers, skirts and first lot of inserts painted!

15/06/2015

Since my last update I have been really busy, working every evening and 12 hours on Saturday. The body of the car, bumpers etc have been painted. I've also flat and polished the paintwork so that theres no paint imperfections. Not that you'd be able to see them, but I want it to be perfect. She's looking super shiny and the centre dash inserts I think look orgasmic haha. Hopefully going to get the roof and inserts painted purple this week. Then its fit up time and I can move on to the suspension and wheels. What do people think so far?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1-4.jpg
    image1-4.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 397
  • image2-3.jpg
    image2-3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 395
  • image4-3.jpg
    image4-3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 395
  • image3-5.jpg
    image3-5.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 409
Starting to come together bud the bodywork, can't wait to see this colour. Will be some machine by the end of the build by the sounds of things. :thumbup1:

Deep Purple and Starting to Refit

11/07/2015

Sorry its been a while, just got back from holiday so she's been left for the last week or so. Since my last update most of the purple has been done, such as the roof, mirrors etc. But I still have the wheels, front grilles, diffuser and a few other bits to do. The pictures don't do it justice, but once she's all done i'll get some shots of her in the shade and sunlight so that you can appreciate the deep purple more. Getting really close to completion, working hard on it, but at the same time I'm not rushing. I know if I do then i'll regret it as it won't be perfect. Hopefully my next update will be with the wheels on and fully refurbished, as you can see by the images, they look awful at the moment :smile:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1-5.jpg
    image1-5.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 375
  • image2-4.jpg
    image2-4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 374
  • image3-6.jpg
    image3-6.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 381
  • image4-4.jpg
    image4-4.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 372
Looking forward to some pics in the sun as I had a similar idea for my 200. Not that I'd do it now as I wouldn't want to copy you!

Need some pics in a better light, either that or my eyes are off but all I can really see is Red and Black!

Wheels and Refit

30/07/2015

Go for it anyway mate, its a brilliant mix of colours. Sorry about the bad quality pics, you can't really see the purple that well as its inside. But the next time I post it'll be on the road and in some decent light hopefully. Basically she's all fitted up now and its just the suspension to go now and a few little bits. The interior is also done, just wish I could get the seats sorted. Really happy with it so far! Getting so bloody close....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image1-6.jpg
    image1-6.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 281
  • image2-5.jpg
    image2-5.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 288
  • image4-5.jpg
    image4-5.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 280
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 282
  • image3-7.jpg
    image3-7.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 284
She's ready for the road!

Sorry its been a while. Got her on the road a few weeks back, but the weathers been rubbish so haven't managed to get too many pictures. When the weather picks up(if ever) I will take it out for a proper shoot. The camera never picks up how beautiful the purple is. Really happy with her so far, she definitely looks the part, I think anyway. Its nice when you come out of the local supermarket and theres people admiring it and asking you questions. What so you guys think?
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Clio 197 1.jpg
    Clio 197 1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Clio197. 2.jpg
    Clio197. 2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 216