Got the hole saw for the top mounts? You can get templates (@PITA might be able to shed light, I think it was Compbrake that did them) then you can get reinforcement top plates (again PITA can help or no7motorsport do them).

With the Diff and these, the car will be night and day different!

A few more items have turned up in the post - a clutch damper delete kit from Supreme Motorsport and some purple PoweFlex ARB bushes. I will get AW Motorsports to deal with these parts at the start of March 2022 when the Clio goes in for it's gearbox refresh.

IMG_2961.jpeg

Hopefully the Gaz Golds will go on next weekend.

A few more items have turned up in the post - a clutch damper delete kit from Supreme Motorsport and some purple PoweFlex ARB bushes. I will get AW Motorsports to deal with these parts at the start of March 2022 when the Clio goes in for it's gearbox refresh.

View attachment 148995

Hopefully the Gaz Golds will go on next weekend.
Are you fitting the suspension yourself?

Are you fitting the suspension yourself?

Yes. We did the B14s last year and @EthanMenace has had the suspension on his 182 Trophy on and off several times to refurbish the Sachs dampers. We have enough basic skills to get the Gaz Golds on - we just need to get the alignment and geo setup done once they are on.

I am off this week so hopefully Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday will be enough

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Ben and R20BTG
Yes. We did the B14s last year and @EthanMenace has had the suspension on his 182 Trophy on and off several times to refurbish the Sachs dampers. We have enough basic skills to get the Gaz Golds on - we just need to get the alignment and geo setup done once they are on.

I am off this week so hopefully Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday will be enough
Who’s doing your geo Gav?

Ask Alex as I am fairly sure they can organise setup and corner weighting, not sure it’s in house though.

Ask Alex as I am fairly sure they can organise setup and corner weighting, not sure it’s in house though.
He doesn’t do it in house. Just need a rear shim added then checked on preferably a hunter. No point going through Alex this time

Reactions: LiamP
Alex does the corner weighting in house, string alignment can be done if desired but typically he takes them to Tyre Smart in Witham who are very very good and it’s a little bit more efficient that way.

Reactions: Big Ben
We made some progress with the Gaz Golds today. I had planned on putting the car on axle stands on Friday afternoon but storm Eunice made me think that it was probably not a good idea just in case the car fell over.

Today @EthanMenace and I started work on the car and spent several hours trying to get the damper and hubs off as complete units. A problematic ball joint slowed down progress. We had to buy a ball joint separator kit to get off the passenger side but the drivers side came off without a problem.

Once the dampers and hubs are off we went in to the warm shed to pull the dampers out of the hubs and put in the Gaz Golds. This was the progress we had made after starting at 8.30 am and having to dodge the rain, and buy tools - this picture was taken about 6pm.

IMG_2995.jpeg

The Gaz Golds went in really easily to the hubs.

IMG_2999.jpeg

Then we put the front shocks and hubs back on the car. All of the nuts and bolts needs to be tightened up tomorrow when it is light again.

I have a few questions.

The Gaz Golds have a lip at the bottom of the shock. Should this sit flush with the top of the hub? With the pinch bolt through the hub and through the hole on the retaining tab on the shock it sits with the lip just above the top of the hub.

IMG_2998.jpeg

Second question - when the top mount is attached to the turret with the bolts and washers the washers are flexing when they are done up tightly. Is this right? The OEM bolts have much wider washers. Before anyone comments the top mount area needs a good clean.

IMG_3001.jpeg

Third question - where should the bump stop sit? At the moment it is sitting in the last position it was pushed to.

IMG_3002.jpeg

Reactions: joehodges154
As Crunchy says that hub position is correct. Maybe get some penny washers (larger) or use the OE bolts if they’re in good condition.

Your clamping plates are bolted in different positions and your top nut isn’t done up!

As Crunchy says that hub position is correct. Maybe get some penny washers (larger) or use the OE bolts if they’re in good condition.

Your clamping plates are bolted in different positions and your top nut isn’t done up!

Nothing has been tightened up yet - it is all loose but in place to be sorted out tomorrow.