Glass Seals

Couldn't be easier mate.take the old one out using a Stanley knife and clean it.then put the new one in using a credit card or something

Try to leave the doors open for a while after you put the new seals in. I didn't and on one side it came off.

As the others have said a nice easy job. Just make sure you clean out all of the old glue etc. Use an old credit or store card to push the new one in.

P.S. was it you I passed on the M4 last night between the A46 junction and Swindon? @Kazumz

We took my Girlfriends Fiesta back to Wales on the 24th and came back today. My 200 has been sitting on the drive so unfortunately not! I usually do a massive amount of traveling in the 200 so I'm surprised it wasn't. I live in the Chippenham/Melksham area but do a lot of travelling back to the home town in S.Wales :smile:.

We're travelling back to Wales tomorrow for New Years drinks in the 200 so if you see me, message me!

Their is a piece in the how to sec @Kazumz

I don't think I have access as I'm not a member anymore! Just haven't got around to renewing it lol. Funnily enough, I ordered a ball joint from KTEC and they phoned me to check if I was a forum member, had to say no. Could have saved £££ so I'll do it in a bit.

Very easy job to do Kazumz , the old adhesive is a pain to get off but like it's been said before make sure you get it all off, I used a de natured alcohol as I use that for work but Autoglym tar and adhesive remover will work and remember to take some pic's of [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] will start crying lol.

seen one here in Manchester on a few occasions too....
anyway..easy job mate..as others said..get the old glue out properly..its all about preparation

Thanks all.

I know it's an easy job, but like with the scuttle panel clean, I just needed to receive a bit of confidence lol!

I used Tardis first, then cleaned it thoroughly with ipa wipes (medical swabs)
Before:
jpg.gif

After:
jpg.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 24
as said easy enough just make sure the old sticky foam is removed and the area cleaned/degreased as such - and take your time fitting the new seals