going to clay the car over the weekend

never used a clay bar before so after reading a few threads i thought i'd give the Meguiars Clay Kit a go.
question is - do i apply the clay over the f1 stickers?

Nah no need to do the stickers, just stick to the red bits! TBH I would stay away from the stickers as they will catch the clay and get stuck on the edge. No idea how I know that ;/ lol! If its the first time the car has been done then make sure you keep folding and stretching the clay as there will probably be a lot of **** come off and this way you get the best finish. Best thing is to use lots of the spray so it doesn't stick - clay in one hand and spray in the other.

One thing I did was to just do half the bonnet and feel the difference, it was pretty shocking!

Last edited:
not sure if it has ever been done before although the paintwork is pretty smooth, few tar spots though so i thought i'll give it a full going over before the summer. think i'll stay away from the stickers then :smile:

Lol yeah I thought my paintwork was smooth before I did it but Im sure you will notice a difference!! Make sure you get some pictures up!

keep the clay warm as poss and if you drop it BIN IT,

use plenty of loob, side to side movements are best and dont use much preasure,

and you should be ok mate.

I clayed mine last weekend, then put Red colour magic on, then meg's quick wax, the turtle wax gloss sealant. The car was going to the dealers on Monday, and I refuse to allow it to go to a dealers dirty lol.

Rain now hovers over the car it is so highly polished!

Good luck with it, and as Paul has said, keep folding the clay as there will be billions of gunk on the car.

im not sure, if its a boxed item i would say no but then you could get some other stuff i got Megs Carnuba wax and some Auto SRP got some Auto glym wheel cleaner as the third free item

It's avalable on all cleaning products and kits I'm going there tomorow to get abdull detailing kit .
Wash MIT , bucket , clay bar , megs gold class shampoo , megs clay bar , probally a megs polish , and a wax , wheel cleaner , wheel brush .

And some megs scratch x to hopefully get rid of some of the swirls !!!

It's avalable on all cleaning products and kits I'm going there tomorow to get abdull detailing kit .
Wash MIT , bucket , clay bar , megs gold class shampoo , megs clay bar , probally a megs polish , and a wax , wheel cleaner , wheel brush .

And some megs scratch x to hopefully get rid of some of the swirls !!!

I,m gonna get more stuff i dont want to miss out, MOT tues if it goes straight through i,ll get some products :thumbup:

I had problems and have found it easier to sign up to photobucket and copy the img code. Works really well and you get larger pics too! Might be worthwhile :thumbup: