Going to K-Tec tomorrow....

looks like a custom remap to me. get them done for £250? please correct me if i am wrong

Urrmmm...

"Do not confuse this product with a generic remap as offered by many chip tuning outlets. Each map is tailored to your vehicle specification to ensure the best results are acheived."

Urrmmm...

"Do not confuse this product with a generic remap as offered by many chip tuning outlets. Each map is tailored to your vehicle specification to ensure the best results are acheived."

Uurrrmmmm it's widely known that k tec used rs tuning re map and called it their own. So don't belive everything u read

its a generic map that uses the existing map as a template im persuming, similar to the rs tuner when you have to email them youre map etc to get one back.

a custom map the car will be on rollers and will take a few attemps and costs about £350-£400.

I'd be interested to see how this goes, as when my 197 runs out of warrenty id maybe look at a filter/remap to see can SOMEONE fix the cold start and torque flat spots that renault have tried and failed with.

I'd be interested to see how this goes, as when my 197 runs out of warrenty id maybe look at a filter/remap to see can SOMEONE fix the cold start and torque flat spots that renault have tried and failed with.

If u don't have a de cat the the flat spit issue is sorted, the cold start prob is there still but not as bad

It'll be a generic map if your car is standard. They start to modify the map if you have other mods to take into account ie. exhaust, decat, induction kit etc.

I'm back and the result is......................

191.5bhp!!

It was only making around 175 before the map so the panel filter and re-map has given it 16bhp.

Last edited:
Mine was tested at 193.1bhp with a filter and exhaust - no map. I am going to TDF when I am off next I think.

have you got a power - torque graph as I dont beleive I have just spent thousands on engine modifying to gain 6.5 more horsepower than a standard engine with a remap? if I could gain 16 hp from a map I would dive on the opportunity. i had a custom map after I had forged rods and pistons, cams and my cylinder head modified and the map showed 197.02 or something like that

I'm intrigued.

have you got a power - torque graph as I dont beleive I have just spent thousands on engine modifying to gain 6.5 more horsepower than a standard engine with a remap? if I could gain 16 hp from a map I would dive on the opportunity. i had a custom map after I had forged rods and pistons, cams and my cylinder head modified and the map showed 197.02 or something like that

I'm intrigued.

Have you try to test your "power" vs other 197 only remap "power" on ROAD side by side?:s

I'm back and the result is......................

191.5bhp!!

It was only making around 175 before the map so the panel filter and re-map has given it 16bhp.

The power and torque curves are a lot more progressive than before, it was all over the place before the map!

i don't believe to the dyno results, i test always on road the performance

with obd and 80-180 in third gear or something like that...