200: Good reliability

Just got in touch with the current owner of my old 200 to see how it's going and surprisingly it's been very reliable so far. Only item replaced is a coil pack, It is now nearly 4 years old.

In my ownership in 1.5 years it had dones 24k on the contis. 5 trackdays at Spa, Oulton, Brands, Donnington and Oulton again.

The gearbox seems to be one that is bulletproof (wonder if they need to be driven properly to bed it in? Haha) Clutch also seems to have survived well considering how hard it was pushed.

Are 200s like these very rare? Did they only make them on a certain day?

My 200 AE has done 60,000ks.
It is daily driven 4-5 days a week & does 20-30 race meets each year (it lives a very hard life).
Plenty of bits have been replaced/upgraded but almost all by choice.

I think regular maintenance with good products has a lot to do with it... ie engine oil every 5000ks, gearbox oil every 10,000ks, brake fluid every 5,000ks etc.

Now ive said that watch it blow up at the next race meet :biggrin:.

Last edited:
It does seems those that are used on track doesn't have gearbox problems. It's the perfect reason to use it properly on track. :wink:

I've been told to change the oil every 6,000 miles if fast road use or 1,000-3,000 miles if using for regular racing with some road use. I've also been told 12k for the gearbox oil is fine as it's a right pain in the arse to do with the positioning of the fill hole.

Only had mine little over a month but proved to be a very reliable car so far!
think I had my Saxo vts a week before the coil pack went!

Similar Thread Suggestions