Got my 197 today...

Got a 2007 clio 197 today with every optional extra there is, By the way it's a blue one, frsh just turned 40k, It feels slow compared to my subaru wr1, But imo it handles beter than the wr1, Will post some pictures tomorrow after av gave it a good detail :tongueout:

Sounds like a good one! So hows does it compare to the wr1 in terms of speed? Much much slower or jst a bit?

The clio feels very slow to the wr1, The wr1 only done 17mpg if you drove it fast or not,
I am from kilmarnock,
Xenon Automatic Headlights with fixed cornering lights
Automatic climate control
Automatic Lights/Wipers
Keyless entry and push start system
Cruise control
Probs more that i can't think of just now,

Keyless and cruise are standard! No wonder it feels slow compared to the scooby if it does 0-60 in 4.1 secs!

Got a 2007 clio 197 today with every optional extra there is, By the way it's a blue one, frsh just turned 40k, It feels slow compared to my subaru wr1, But imo it handles beter than the wr1, Will post some pictures tomorrow after av gave it a good detail :tongueout:

Hi mate.
Pleased to hear u are pleased with ur new 197. Bit gealous though as I am saving up for an Albi blue 197 with all the optional extras such as xenons, automatic light and wipers, Push start (but not a must have) as I know cruise control and climate control come as standard. My max budget is £7500 but if I can find one for £7 even better. I am saving up for it and hoping to get it next year.

You may not be able to answer this one for me but if I can't get a 197 with auto wipers and lights on, how much u think it'll cost me to have them fitted via dealers?

Look forward to reading ur reply mate.

honestly mate auto lights and wipers wud cost an arm and a leg. not worth it neways lol

^^^ I agree.

Racer2011, I have both fitted on mine and I've used them both, erm, once. I had a mess about when I first got the car and that's it. I decided that I like to be in charge of what happens on my car rather than the computer be in charge. No doubt it might add £100 onto any future resale value but as I don't plan on ever selling (she'll become my toy in about 3 years once RS250's are available second hand for good money) it's not something I worry about.

Also, I think the push button start is standard!?! Never seen a 197 without it!!!

Good luck looking for your car, hope you find a good'un.

Oh, and Foley, get some pics up!!! :smile:

honestly mate auto lights and wipers wud cost an arm and a leg. not worth it neways lol

Good to hear from you mate. :smiley:

The only reason I want auto wipers and lights is because originally I set my sights on a clio 182 cup which came with auto xenons and wipers as standard so I thought now I'm stepping up a gear and going for a 197 I would like to keep that feature and not miss out on it. Now I have been told it's an arm and a leg I'll already be paying a lot more for a 197 I'll re-think that option and maybe go for HID 6000K lights instead. They are only £60-80. On the other hand it won't stop me from looking around for a 197 with optional extra on.

You never know I could get a apsolute BARGIN this time next year and get a 197 with a lot of features on including good optional extra's. Within my price range. :smiley:

Anyway cheers for ur advice again bud. :smiley:

no worries dude. missus is talking of babies soon so :worried: dunno what will happen

Hi mate.
Pleased to hear u are pleased with ur new 197. Bit gealous though as I am saving up for an Albi blue 197 with all the optional extras such as xenons, automatic light and wipers, Push start (but not a must have) as I know cruise control and climate control come as standard. My max budget is £7500 but if I can find one for £7 even better. I am saving up for it and hoping to get it next year.

You may not be able to answer this one for me but if I can't get a 197 with auto wipers and lights on, how much u think it'll cost me to have them fitted via dealers?

Look forward to reading ur reply mate.

Hi racer2011 think it would be silly money to get auto lights and wipers installed, Not all 197's come with climate control, I got mine for with 40000 mile frsh and mint condition with all the extras for £6000, Buyer market so thier is bargains to have,

Will post picture as soon as i can as it was raining all day so the 197 stay in the garage, It only comes out at weekends as i have a works van and the mrs has a car i use,

Push button start and keyless entry are standard, as is cruise. Climate was an option. If you don't get xenons you could go fot the projectors with cornering lights for a similar look.

Hi racer2011 think it would be silly money to get auto lights and wipers installed, Not all 197's come with climate control, I got mine for with 40000 mile frsh and mint condition with all the extras for £6000, Buyer market so thier is bargains to have,

Will post picture as soon as i can as it was raining all day so the 197 stay in the garage, It only comes out at weekends as i have a works van and the mrs has a car i use,

Good to hear from you mate.

The only reason I want auto wipers and lights is because originally I set my sights on a clio 182 cup which came with auto xenons and wipers as standard so I thought now I'm stepping up a gear and going for a 197 I would like to keep them features and not miss out on it. Now I have been told it's an arm and a leg I'll already be paying a lot more for a 197 as it is. I'll re-think that option and maybe go for HID 6000K lights instead. They are only £60-80. On the other hand it won't stop me from looking around for a 197 with optional extra on like you said. Blimey 6k is alot , nearly same price at car. lol. You got a good deal mate to have them all thrown in. I never knew that about the push start button. Interesting!!! if climate control is a optional extra, what is it just out of interest?

You never know I could get a apsolute BARGIN this time next year and get a 197 with a lot of features on including good optional extra's. Within my price range.

You mentioned projector lights, I am looking for that type anyway for the xenons. I could put 6000 HID's in projector lights couldn't I?

Anyway cheers for ur advice again bud. 8)

^^^ I agree.

Racer2011, I have both fitted on mine and I've used them both, erm, once. I had a mess about when I first got the car and that's it. I decided that I like to be in charge of what happens on my car rather than the computer be in charge. No doubt it might add £100 onto any future resale value but as I don't plan on ever selling (she'll become my toy in about 3 years once RS250's are available second hand for good money) it's not something I worry about.

Also, I think the push button start is standard!?! Never seen a 197 without it!!!

Good luck looking for your car, hope you find a good'un.

Oh, and Foley, get some pics up!!! :smile:

Cheers mate, i hope i can find a good deal come next year as well.

Interesting to know that automatic lights and wipers aren't a MUST HAVE!!! I can see your point now mate. The more people who are advising me not to bother, it's gradually all sinking in now. I'd rather put what i would spend on getting auto wipers and lights fitted towards my racing which i would get more enjoyment out of. :smiley:
I am thinking of putting 6000k HID's in? If i don't get the xenon bulbs tht is. What you think mate?

The only reason I wanted auto wipers and lights is because originally I set my sights on a clio 182 cup which came with auto xenons and wipers as standard so I thought now I'm stepping up a gear and going for a 197 I would like to keep that feature and not miss out on it. Now I have been told it's an arm and a leg I'll already be paying a lot more for a 197 I'll re-think that option. HID kits are only £60-80. On the other hand it won't stop me from looking around for a 197 with optional extra on.

You never know I could get a apsolute BARGIN this time next year and get a 197 with a lot of features on including good optional extra's. Within my price range.

Anyway cheers for ur advice again mate, it's much appreciated. 8)

No worries!!!

Mine just has normal lights as far as I know and to be honest, they're plenty bright. I'd toyed with looking into getting Xenon's retro-fitted but I think it'd cost more than it'd be worth so I've knocked it on the head. If it's not broke etc... I don't know much about HID's myself, I've not read much into it. If they're a cheap-ish way of getting more power from your lights then I suppose they're a decent idea.

It depends on how much night driving, or indeed spirited night driving you're planning on doing!!! :smile: