H&R Spring problem?

well,not a problem as such.my mechanic mate came round this morning and back was done and wheels refitted in 20 mins:thumbup: and then to the front.wheels off and this is where the problem begins.obviously suspension out,but you cant untill you remove track rod arms etc.so started undoing the bolt and my mate said he could feel it just spinning so either it would get stuck in and need to be drilled out,or it would come out and then not retighten.so up to now we have done the back and i have just got back from picking up the new track rod ends.so monday night we will all be done.love the stance on the back,but have yet to see the front due to this.but better safe than sorry i suppose.anyone else had same problem?

i would of but didnt want to risk damaging them and then not being able to get a new set and leaving car on axle standsa.i would of just done it but my mate said hes seen them go and then its ten times the job.as much as i wanted them done today,thought it would be worth waiting.£28 for track rod ends though

Mine was in the garage 5 hours when my new springs were fitted.
Backs took no time at all but the fronts were a pig!

I think the fronts were a pig on mine too. Where did you get the new track rod ends from? If from a motor factor then get your mate to compare them before stripping down - some motor factors wrongly list the RS as having the same ends as a regular Clio, and I don't think they are. I could be getting mixed up between track rod ends and the track rods themselves.

I think the fronts were a pig on mine too. Where did you get the new track rod ends from? If from a motor factor then get your mate to compare them before stripping down - some motor factors wrongly list the RS as having the same ends as a regular Clio, and I don't think they are. I could be getting mixed up between track rod ends and the track rods themselves.

ok ill bare that in mind mate,thank you.when i got them,they took my reg and it brought up model etc on database.then they got them

The drop links on the track rod arms require an allan key to hold the thread bit and then
Its a 16mm ratchet spanner jobby.

chances are even with the allen key it will round off the inside and turn anyway

i had to rnew a drop link on mine while doing this

try an impact gun as it will shock the nut off. thats how i got my track rod ends off when renewing.

Mine are being fitted on Thurs, before & after pic's + measurements will be up after they have settled.

picture.php