Had a rubbish weekend.

richandgem

Platinum Member
I went up to see my dad Thursday (he lives in East Yorkshire) and my new born baby sister. Woke up in the early hours of Friday throwing up, lots of blood. After a morning of being sick a lot I thought it would be best to get checked out and ended up spending the weekend on the acute asessment unit in Hull Royal.

There not 100% on the actual problem, I now have to sort an out paitent appointment at Leicester to have a camera put down my throat to see whats happening.

All in all is has been a crappy weekend :worried:

Aww man this sucks, how are you feeling now after the whole thing? Any better?

You still being sick mate? Hope you get better and they find the problem!

I'm not being sick anymore, but still feel crap tbh plus I have a constant ache in my stomach. The other problem is coz I'm not well, and I lost a chunk of blood I get tired really easily. I gave the car a quick wash yesterday afternoon and fell sleep afterwards it wore me out that much :worried:

Eewwww sounds like you had a great weekend like me then!

Get well soon :smile:

Man that sucks. Docs given you anything to try settle the pain? I know what you mean about giving the car a quick wash, i was ill last year, gave my car literally a powerwash, wash down and powerwash again and i slept for hours after..

Anyway bud, just hope you feel better.

I'm on Lansoprazole to keep the stomach acid to a minimum, but they have advised me not to take any other form of drug untill they know whats wrong, especially certain pain killers like ibrupofen :worried:

not good mate saw your fb profile !!!!

hope it gets sorted and its not to serious

hope its nothing serious mate! definately doesn't sound good!

i hope you get better soon!

that dont sound good rich! i hope you get well soon.

have you ever watched 28 days later? :wink:

lol I thought the same thing Jimbo, he's turning into a zombie!
on a serious note, hope its nothing serious fella and get well soon.

I'm on Lansoprazole to keep the stomach acid to a minimum, but they have advised me not to take any other form of drug untill they know whats wrong, especially certain pain killers like ibrupofen :worried:
im on them rich ive had the camera down my throat(GOOD LUCK)
i hated it.you might have reflux desease.there is another one but i forget wt its called:worried:.i have had the desease for 3yrs now

Rich, don't envy you the endoscopy, had one earlier in the year and played the hard man ("just get on with it, I don't need anything")... Take the sedative, chill on a bed for a while after and get Gem to drive you back home.

This all started after a car crash... Pain killers for this, pain killers for that (including buprofen and lansoprazole and a bunch of other stuff I've forgotten).

If you feel the meds are making you worse stop taking them, seriously. I'm still waiting on my results... 12 months after the crash.

Ian

thanks for the comments guys, I'm hoping it just an ulcer.

Fortunately Gem used to work on Endoscpy so has loads of friends there. If I dont have any sedation I can have one this Thursday, hows that for service :wink:

Oh and I actually lol at that Jimbo, turning into a flesh eating Zombie might be quite cool :smile:

There not 100% on the actual problem, I now have to sort an out paitent appointment at Leicester to have a camera put down my throat to see whats happening.

All in all is has been a crappy weekend :worried:

had the camera done last week mate it's not a nice experience been off work myself for 3 weeks now and they still can't find whats wrong with me. headaches and a real bad stomach for a month now.
chances are you'll have a camera up wrong un too sorry to say.

hope you get it sorted mate

Max

Well I had my Endoscopy on Thursday and to be fair it was a really quick a simple procedure. I couldn't be bothered with sedation for lots of reasons so just had the throat spray (which tastes rank). It just made me heave a lot. The other thing that was a bit rank is that they put KY on the camera before they stick it in your mouth so I now know what that tastes like lol.

On the good side they found out what was wrong, basically I had a small tear in my stomach caused by Ibrupofen, stress and drink. I just have to take it easy for the next 6 weeks, keep off the pain killers and take the Lansoprazole they gave me.

To start my 6 weeks of taking it easy we thought we'd go away for the weekend so I'm writing this is a hotel room in Manchester. We're going out tonight for a nice meal, but only a little bit of drink lol

That's good to hear mate, you were not alone in having a shite weekend lol!!!

As for not drinking, welcome to my world! I do not drink at all, never have done, at my wedding the champagne glass was filled with appletize lol!

Have a good weekend mate, take it easy (not in the bedroom though :wink: )

Similar Thread Suggestions