Hand brake ratchet

Ive been 'informed truthfuly' by my dealer that its 'normal' that my handbrake ratchet will click up at least 13 to 20 notches
Now...:::: my handbrake lever is nearly fookin vertical!!
Is this 'normal' for the h/brake lever to be nearly vertical or is this the ' norm'?
Cheers

No.........

If you yank mine it goes pretty high but maybe clicks 7-8 times at most, sounds like it just needs adjusting and the cables checking. How old is it?

mines set to 3 maybe 4 at a push :001_rolleyes:

works a treat and no binding etc :thumbup:

lol, anybody ever thought of the hydrolic handbrakes. Watchin a Ken block vid the other day and it got me thinkin. Would get in the way too much though.

Ive been 'informed truthfuly' by my dealer that its 'normal' that my handbrake ratchet will click up at least 13 to 20 notches
Now...:::: my handbrake lever is nearly fookin vertical!!
Is this 'normal' for the h/brake lever to be nearly vertical or is this the ' norm'?
Cheers

Have you tried pulling it up just a little bit and seeing if it'll hold the car? Everyone apart from my missus who drove my car (including the idiots at Renault) always pulled the handbrake up far too much than was necessary. I always pulled it up slightly and slowly released the foot brake on a hill, then if the handbrake wasn't holding the car, pull it on a little more until it did.

just undo the four torx bolts around the hand brake and there is a small adjuster underneath think its a 10mm nut, just tighten that,

i had to do it on mine, was nearly tearing the cloth on the roof