Handbrake trim - most idiotic design decision I've seen in a long time

tchalikias

Paid Member
Okay, you guys know how there is a gap around the handbrake where it comes out of the floor through the plastic console between the seats?

Incidentally, the gap is right next to the loose change slot. And ofcourse, somehow I managed to drop a coin through the gap. Now its rattling under the plastic trim between the front seats.

On every other car I've driven, the base of the handbrake is covered like the base of the gear lever so that nothing can get dropped down there. What a staggeringly idiotic design decision on Renault's part!

I ve spent the past hour and a half trying to get to the damn coin using plyers and screwdrivers to no avail.

Has this happened to anybody else? Any tips for reaching the bloody coin? Is it hard to remove the center plastic trim between the seats?

it dont just lift off at all
u have 2 torx screws toways the back of the consol and 2 up near the front, then u can lift it off

So I took off the rear torx screws and slightly lifted the back of the plastic trim.. I fished out not 1, not 2, but almost 3 euros in change from down there!!