Harder/different engine mountings

Powerflex didnt produce an engine mount for my 207 so when I rang them and it was discovered they didnt, they manufactured one from a pug part, and now they do! So it may be worth a phonecall to them as opposed to their stockists and see what happens. They do cause a lot of vibration though when idling which can get tiresome

I have uprated items on the 182 and initally they were unbearable!!! But soon bedded in and are now as quiet/smooth as stock :smile:

I have to ask why you'd want uprated parts as the 197 engine is well supported in there!

I don't know if you are having the same problem, but I'm having problems with the engine top mount - 2 mounts in 46kkm. And some of my other friends have the same problem too.

I have to ask why you'd want uprated parts as the 197 engine is well supported in there!

Not really, I broke mine three times in two years, good that the dealer is bearing the cost :smile:

But it might be because I’m always around the track, might be :innocent:

I´ve been for a few trackdays now and it feels like the top engine mount is broken or at least the bushing is loose inside the metal arm? Is the bushing pressed inside the metal arm at front or is it supposed to be a bit loose? As I do alot of trackdays I was thinking of mounting a Cup-mount if it fitted straight in?

p7160167.jpg

the engine mounts on these race cars are quite stiff - and don't really move you shouldn't be able to move it without a bar to lever it with -

I know how stiff the Cup mount is and that is why I want one but the main reason is if it fits straight in or if I will get a different height on the mount side and will be forced to lower the engine on the opposite side?

+1 They shouldn’t move

Launching the car a lot and driving on first gear is what breaks the engine mounts

Here is a small test to run

When the car is cold (Engine warm enough) Stop, put the car on first gear, accelerate fast to 40Km/h then stop, do it a couple of times, then when you do it again, listen if there is any knocking noise or a strange shake.

If there is one then you got crack

I know how stiff the Cup mount is and that is why I want one but the main reason is if it fits straight in or if I will get a different height on the mount side and will be forced to lower the engine on the opposite side?

The Cup and the Sport have the same engine mounts, not sure about the Cup Racer thought

Youcan order any part from r.sport wimbledon for the race car, although they aren't very friendly or useful. Best off ringing them.

looking at the pick I noticed that my engine mounts are completely different than those, I took a pick, i'll be posting it here