has anyone had replacement recaros under warranty?

as i am now back to standard recaros, can someone tell me if they know of any recaro replacement warranty claims please?
my new ones are already starting to show signs of premature wear, but i am being sure to lift myself out my car properly, and vice versa, as not to rub on the bolsters...

They will refuse. You will have to get RUK involved and they will probably settle on something like a 90% contribution to the replacement.

Seen it posted alot and this is normally the way it pans out :worried:

Not necessarily. I went to the dealers told them it was a regular thing, they agreed and they were replaced in 24hrs...

No harm in asking, if you have any issues give me a shout and I will see what I can do mate.

It's certainly worth trying as Paul says, they can only say no at the end of the day.........at which point give Ruk a ring.

Tbh though I've got recaros in mine and I dont know what all the fuss is about, there is ever so slight hairiness on the patch where it wears and it's literally hardly anything at all, you have to look for it tbh. That was there when I got the car and it's not got any worse since I have owned it. Obviously I'm careful getting in and out.

Just weird how loads of people have issues with it I find.

Yeah I had mine done two years ago and it has been fine since. I dont take great care getting out but I dont sit on the edge etc.

If you sound like you know what you are talking about and tell them it has been an issue on both the 197 and 200 I cant see there being much of a question, however, it all depends on who you speak to....

Yeah I had mine done two years ago and it has been fine since. I dont take great care getting out but I dont sit on the edge etc.

If you sound like you know what you are talking about and tell them it has been an issue on both the 197 and 200 I cant see there being much of a question, however, it all depends on who you speak to....

as paul said and chris bowen has had his seats done twice!!!

the dealers have a big influence over the replacement as both paul and chris as far as i am aware used the same dealer i think

thanks for all the advice guys! i'll go in after i've been to afghan before i sell the car. 2 x brand new recaros have got be a positive selling point... lol.

Do they actually replace the seats or do the just replace the seat cover? (to the guys that have had the replacement carried out).

Do they actually replace the seats or do the just replace the seat cover? (to the guys that have had the replacement carried out).

seat bases can be fully changed or cover replaced and the back rest can have its cover changed (think its too expensive for a full replacement)

I'm currently trying to get Renault to fix mine. They refused to even look at it saying anything interior is just common wear and tear.

Good luck.