Have you ever owned this car (OY59 KMM)? Help needed please!

Hi everyone, really interested in this car and hopefully going to few it next week.

The car is registered as having had more than one previous owner (actually registered as having 4 - which surprised me quite a lot considering its age) and it looks to me as if someone has upgraded the gearnob from a normal one to a raider gearnob, so I thought perhaps someone on here has owned this 200 before or knows who has owned it. Chances are somebody must know who's this car was and as I'm so close to purchasing it I would really like to know anything more about the car's history that I can.

The car's actual reg is OY59 KMM but is being run on private plates in the photos in the link.

If anyone knows anything about the car please let me know (whether good or bad - especially if it's bad!).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Rena...2352485?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item19d5df2165

Let me know if you have any ideas please! :innocent:

Thanks,

Alain

Maybe it was preregistered and then after the 1st person, the garage who took it had to register it. Could be easily explained. Just gives you a better bargaining tool

Does anyone know under what circumstances a garage would have to take it as owner? Rather than it just passing through as not owned by the garage?

Hopefully will get a picture of the v5 document before making the journey to see the car.

That gear knob is on the accessories list, so someone may have just liked it and bought it from Renault. I don't remember seeing that plate either, quite a good one and the car looks nice, bar the patch on the seat! Lol!

That gear knob is on the accessories list, so someone may have just liked it and bought it from Renault. I don't remember seeing that plate either, quite a good one and the car looks nice, bar the patch on the seat! Lol!

ditto

Have you asked the dealer who had it last and the history of owners in general?

4 does seem quite a lot but it is quite easily done. Mine had x2 previous onwers at 8k miles because it was first registered to Renault, then an employee had it for one year then was re registered to renault again before i bought it. so in reality it has had only 2 owners, and renault barely even used it.

Have you asked the dealer who had it last and the history of owners in general?

4 does seem quite a lot but it is quite easily done. Mine had x2 previous onwers at 8k miles because it was first registered to Renault, then an employee had it for one year then was re registered to renault again before i bought it. so in reality it has had only 2 owners, and renault barely even used it.

This is reassuring. Going to give the dealer a ring today and see what they know. Thanks for this :smile:

It's strange actually, some dealers get the log book made in their name, some don't. My 197 was 12 months old when I bought it, but already had 2 owners, the first being Renault UK because it was a company car for a salesman & the second Renault Leicester when it was being sold as used. I was the 3rd before I p/x'd it when it was nearly 3 years old. So the guy who bought it from the dealer could potentially be the 5 owner on the log book, but really, only 3 people have driven it regularly.

It's strange actually, some dealers get the log book made in their name, some don't. My 197 was 12 months old when I bought it, but already had 2 owners, the first being Renault UK because it was a company car for a salesman & the second Renault Leicester when it was being sold as used. I was the 3rd before I p/x'd it when it was nearly 3 years old. So the guy who bought it from the dealer could potentially be the 5 owner on the log book, but really, only 3 people have driven it regularly.

This is really interesting now I know this. :w00t:

Is there anyway to see the whole of the log book history (i.e. when it changed hands date/mileage) or is it just the v5 that keeps a numerical history of how many previous owners? Would be wicked if I could see exactly when it changed hands and who with.

I think some of it has something to do with VAT regulations on company registered cars and not on used? We bought some pre registered Vectra's when I worked for a private ambulance company. Because we delivered organ transplants we was allowed to claim VAT back on our vehicles the same as for vans. But main dealers had a deal on some "demo's" they had 15 mile on clock or something like that but there was no VAT as technically they was used cars..... don't know the exact details or if its still current but back then there was a loop in the VAT laws surrounding "demo" cars. Only problem for us was the price we paid with no VAT was more than a brand new one when we was claiming VAT back d'oh!!

When I bought my Focus ST I was the second owner according to the V5. The car had 7 miles (yes seven) and I believe the test track at Saralous in Germany where the Focus was built is 6.7 miles so it really hadn't been driven.

Just spoken to the dealer and apparently 2 of the owners were dealerships so this does clear things up somewhat.

Sort of want to ask him for proof but I suppose he can't really give any unless one of them is stated on the v5 or unless there is some other paperwork alluding to it :blink:

TBH I don't think the number of owners really matters too much, as long as the car has got good history and is in good condition.

When the car is in your name, ie on the log book you can apply to the DVLA for the V5 history, it costs £5 and you get a copy of each V5 so you can see each owners name/address.

TBH I don't think the number of owners really matters too much, as long as the car has got good history and is in good condition.

Yeah this is the most important thing.

Heard more off the dealer today that the last owner bought it exactly one year ago and 2 of the 4 owners have been dealerships, which fits in nicely with what some of the other members have been saying too. :tongueout:roud:

Should be popping to see it Thursday (I say popping, it's actually quite a journey for me to get up to Harrogate!) and hopefully everything on the car will be spot on and all the history will match up nicely.

I sort of wish I'd taken the same approach as when I bought my last car. Saw advert. Went in afternoon. Bought it. Much easier :tongue_smilie:

If you can take a mechanic you trust with you to listen to the car start up and when running. Unless you are good at that sort of thing yourself. Take it for a good spin as well.

I enquired about a very similar car which was on a private sale before buying mine. Not sure it is this vehicle though. It also had 4 previous owners. Was up for £9,995 and I'm sure I could have got it for less speaking with the owner.

TBH it wasn't the number of owners that put me off, but the quick succession of owners. I know the two are related but if 2 or more people have bought a vehicle and then moved it on within a short space of time due to 'circumstances' that's what would (and did) put me off.

These cars are a bit marmite so bound to have high turnover, especially as they're still relatively new. Large number of owners will also make it more difficult to move on perhaps.

Similar Thread Suggestions