Help needed!!!!! Ktec exhaust

Just brought at ktec exhaust for my 197

My local garage fitted it for £36. I thought was a good deal.

They placed the slash tips so it's sticking out the diffuser way to much but I can't seem to move the tips at all. It's like they are welded on ( and yes I have undone the clamps holding them on). also tried doing this when the exhaust is hot and cold.

Any ideas on freeing them so I can move them back flush?????

Also the tail pipes seem to be burning my diffuser and aren't central. How can u move the whole back box to one side so the exhaust tips are central to the holes on the diffuser And keep It there?? I don't want a diffuser covered in scortch marks.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

undo the clamp that fixes the rear silencer to the mid section and try and push closer together. that should pull the tailpipes in

it hasn't been fitted right,i'd take it back as it will take you hours to put it right fiddling about under yr car,the tailpipes will only go so far on so you need to push the sections further into each other as ashton said,also you need to push the middle section up while all the clamps are loose,this will inturn bring the tailpipes down away from the diffuser,the tailpipes should point at quite an angle down to the floor,when the diffuser is re-fitted you won't notice this

Ktecs exhaust is a pig to get to fit right undo the 2 clmps then get a piece of wood and a hammer and gently tap the pipes back, failing that undo the main back box clamp and move the whole back box back?

Garage should short but if its a long drive and you ruin your difuser it makes more sense to have a quick butchers at it :smile:

cheers for the help

i managed to move one of the tail pipes and it went a lot further back so they is play in moving the pipes flush with the diffuser but its just one that i cant move back . tried everything

i will take it back to the garage tomorrow its only down the road they can deal with it

apart from that the exhaust sounds the nuts