Help

Managed to get a puncture in the middle of no where with no light. Does anyone know of any wheels that will fit and clear the calipers just to get me home ?

Cheers dude, I have given up for the night and will deal with it tomorrow. Going to need to sort something permanent out in the future though.

How do you stand legality wise ? As I had this debate at work today with a mate. He believes it is law to carry a spare my opinion was if you do have a spare it must be legal to be on the car and you can be done as though it was fitted if it isn't legal ?

Don't need a spare, where would you put it on a bike? Also most cars these days don't come with a spare wheel. Also as far as I know your spare doesn't gave to be legal as you don't have to put it on.

Last edited:
it does not have to be legal if not on the car, but once on the car it does, like any other tire you drive on.

Don't need a spare, where would you put it on a bike? Also most cars these days don't come with a spare wheel. Also as far as I know your spare doesn't gave to be legal as you don't have to put it on.

Without break down cover. And working during normal hours. Things like this are a pain in the arse to sort out. Ended up having to abandon the thing in the middle of nowhere and go back today. Swap the punctured wheel and just put it on the back. Tried a can of tyre weld to no avail. Ended up actually screwing a giant self tapping screw into the sidewall to be able to build some pressure up.

I've bought myself a full 200 cup alloy to put in the car for when I go further, abroad etc.

Otherwise a can of tyre weld or breakdown can sort me out lol

I've bought myself a full 200 cup alloy to put in the car for when I go further, abroad etc.

Otherwise a can of tyre weld or breakdown can sort me out lol

I'm the exact same. Tyre weld/AA for when I'm at home spare full size alloy running the same tyre as the ones on the car in the boot for when I go further afield.

Any wheel in/on the car has to be legal, even a spare, but it is not illegal not to have a spare, ie if you carry a spare wheel it must be legal, or leave it at home. Any Renault wheel/space saver will fit as long as the PCD is correct, fit this to the rear and you don't have to worry about clearing brake calipers. If the puncture is on the front fit the rear to the front and spare to the rear, simples. If you must carry a spare make sure it is secure, as in an impact, a loose wheel can reek havoc.

Any wheel in/on the car has to be legal, even a spare, but it is not illegal not to have a spare, ie if you carry a spare wheel it must be legal, or leave it at home. Any Renault wheel/space saver will fit as long as the PCD is correct, fit this to the rear and you don't have to worry about clearing brake calipers. If the puncture is on the front fit the rear to the front and spare to the rear, simples. If you must carry a spare make sure it is secure, as in an impact, a loose wheel can reek havoc.
Thought I was right ( if you are carrying one it must be legal) good advise about swapping a flat so the space saver is on the back ;-£