HID kit which one?

sounds good kevo!! ill snap your hand off!! can you come and fit them 2??? lol

cheers

Nashy

yeah was thinking either 6 or 8k. get a new thread going for it, theres been alot of interest in getting hid kits from what ive seen. but id defo be in on it!!

I got the black lights

without ballast and lamps,
The bulb in the projector is a H1 or (D1S-D2S)
I put Η1 kit, but the plate that secures the lamp is far behind.
I put D2S, there is not shut down the plate.

Which kit should I get?:jase:

Last edited:
The hids will be illegal in a couple a months and will fail mots and that

There is a Yaris RS knocking around Newbury with, what looks like 10000K's, pretty purple. The fuzz don't seem to pull him...for the lights anyway:blink:

You guys do know that the higher the k rating the less light they emit dont you?

If you are wanting better lights you should be looking at 4300k (OEM HID) 5000k or 6000k at a push.

ATM the law states you need auto levelling and auto washing headlights for them to be legal, this is only enforced by the police and not a mot station...as of yet.

Yea as stated MOT regs are meant to be tightened up later this year to stop people using HID kits. It's going to be a pain, especially if it means removing the front bumper to change bulbs over! Might be better to buy all the bits for auto headlamp washers and then repace the headlight levelling switch with a blank (Doubt they will check suspension for sensors)

Surely this will go the same was as tints. If you had them fitted before the law came into effect your fine, however if you have them fitted afterwards your screwed?

You're not ok with tints on cars fitted before the new law. You're ok if the tints were light but any significant tint is illegal even on pre 2004 cars.

But, I'd guess this is because some cars came from the factory with more than 30% tint. No cars came from the factory with aftermarket HIDs and would guess these will be completely banned unless you retro-fit self levellers and washers