Horse meat burger option

I don't understand why there's been so much fuss about this.

Think about it, the Beefburgers with the highest content of non-Beef cost about £1 for 8!!! :smiley:

Probably the wrong forum mate for mentioning trade descriptions, we have clio 197/200s !!!!!!!

To declare the ingredients is yeah, I agree that they should be being honest about what's in them... IF and it's a big if, they even knew.

But there's nothing wrong with a bit of Horse, it's low fat and high protein. I just don't see the fuss or taboo about it.

Lol at this. Do the French still like horse? As I wouldn't mind a bit when I'm go to le mans.

The French eat it by the truck full, they have seperate butchers that sell only Horse meat.

Kangaroo is worth trying too, not too shabby at all. Very rich.

Lol this whole thing has made me laugh today, the amount of people on my Facebook with comments like "this is why I'm a veggie" or "I'm never eating meat from Tesco again", not to mention media sites assuring people it's no threat to their health...no sh*t a few million French people seem to be doing just fine on the stuff.
People meed to get a grip, a dead animal is a dead animal. You can't take the moral high ground based on it being horse rather than cow. Trust me, they both look the same when they're dead (I've seen enough to know...)

Heads will roll for this though, and all the supermarkets will be dishing out some severe punishments to the people responsible, they don't take **** like this lightly, especially not when it's in the public eye. The manufacturers have no excuse for this kind of cock up though to be honest, there's some very good systems out there to prevent these mistakes and track what each product is and who it's going to.

Either way all the scaremongering that I've no doubt will be in the media over the next couple of days will be good for business, since I design and implement food traceability systems for a living :smiley:

Love horse meat personally it truly is very, very tasty as it been pointed out it is wildly available in france.

Also as above kangaroo is very nice, not massive fan of crocodile which seemed a bit none descript if I'm honest.

If you can try ostrich as it is fantastic, quite strong in taste but zero fat and cracking when made into burgers.

For me the best meat is venison, simply can't be beaten.

I find it amusing too but have 3 points to raise:

1: A lot of people are moaning about the misrepresentation but if you look at the value ranges of ham, most of them only contain around 30% meat so should they be called "Waffer Thin Fat and Water"

2: The Irish Health agency tests also found pork in these burgers which is a massive smack in the face and very offensive to Muslims and other religions.

3: I love it how the British are offended we eat horse yet nothing is said about the 100,000 live horses exported to France each year.

thats my 2p

I wana try horse meat now lol as fir the above I've also eaten kangaroo & crocodile meat whilst holidaying in Australia, quite liked both! :smile:

stable peoples starter this so that why they are fuss about it & uk horse is most popular country.

it a ****ing horse!