How much would you charge?

Hyde200

Gold Member
Few of my mates have been asking me to clean there car because mines always gleaming.

I'm just posting to see how much you would charge for a vacuum/ clean inside, (interior detailer, glass cleaner). Wash exterior, iron x, clay,wash, wax, quick detailer, back to black etc. Just a general clean really.

I would start off asking them what they'd be willing to pay? Providing they don't take the p (they shouldn't do, if they see what good a job you do on your own car), then factor in the time it takes you, cost of your products that you use per wash etc.

How much would you like?

Get them all over one day, tunes on in the garden and have the craic. Show them how to wash the cars themselves.

I usually work at around £35 p/hour for private work.

I'm professional, i.e I actually do it for a living.
Don't be afraid to make people pay for your hard work, but in any case charge enough to at least cover the cost of your chemicals , the good stuff ain't cheap!

Sounds like you'd be putting a days work in. Id want £150 really but if they're good mates, £100.

As above though, professional rates will be MUCH more than this, i.e. a few hundred a day.

Just do mates rates pal I'd never charge my friends I would show them how to do it by letting them help and what products to get . The amount of times my pal has done stuff on my car I've lost count but when he wants help on his car not a prob i helped him take his engine out rebuild it, new gearbox turbo out of his RS Turbo back in the day which was a right pig to work on I didn't ask a penny but hey swings and roundabouts depends on how good a friend they are.

Last edited:
To be fair if they are 'mates' then I wouldn't charge any money specifically. Just a crate of beer or the odd favour got me a one to one lowdown from my professional detailing friend.

But like above if you are using your own stuff then maybe ask for a contribution or for them to club together to buy some in....also depends on how many times they expect you to do it, just once, favour or mates rates, a couple of times a month then you start talking money time.

Similar Thread Suggestions