Hw To Remove The Rear Bumper

Has anyone done a step by step guide of how to remove the rear bumper?

Mine has a few RDS which are bugging me so think I'm going to get the wholebumper repainted this winter. Rather than leaving my pride and joy at a bodyshop I'd prefer to just leave the bumper with them so I'd need to take it off and refit it myself.

Cheers in advance!

First remove the diffuser - two torx, two nuts, unclip from rear bumper.

While removing the two torx you will notice another couple of torx at the bottom of the bumper, remove these.

Rear wheel arches, where the bumper joins the wing, there is a screw either side, not sure if it is a torx or a philips.

Remove plugs on the shut line near each lamp.

Unclip bumper from wing at each end, there are clips along the length of the join.

You may need to remove the tail lamps, these are straightforward, I think three torx each side.

When you lift the bumper off, disconnect the number plate lamps.

Something to be aware of is that without a blow in the repainted bumper may appear a slightly different colour to the rear wings.

I have a slightly damaged rear bumper if you want a spare for a nominal fee.

First remove the diffuser - two torx, two nuts, unclip from rear bumper.

While removing the two torx you will notice another couple of torx at the bottom of the bumper, remove these.

Rear wheel arches, where the bumper joins the wing, there is a screw either side, not sure if it is a torx or a philips.

Remove plugs on the shut line near each lamp.

Unclip bumper from wing at each end, there are clips along the length of the join.

You may need to remove the tail lamps, these are straightforward, I think three torx each side.

When you lift the bumper off, disconnect the number plate lamps.

Something to be aware of is that without a blow in the repainted bumper may appear a slightly different colour to the rear wings.

I have a slightly damaged rear bumper if you want a spare for a nominal fee.

Thanks for the guide!

I don't want to start blowing into the rear quarters, but with Nimbus in certain lights the plastic bumpers do show a slight colour mismatch with the rest of the car, I can live with that.

Re: your spare bumper - what type of damage is it? If it's just cosmetic then I'd be really interested in having a look at it. I work right next to Ferrybridge Services so I could nip and have a look one day if you're near by.

ClioRSrearbumper1008.gif

ClioRSrearbumper1007.gif

ClioRSrearbumper1006.gif

ClioRSrearbumper1005.gif

ClioRSrearbumper1004.gif

ClioRSrearbumper1003.gif

ClioRSrearbumper1002.gif

ClioRSrearbumper1001.gif

As I recall the damage is only to the clips and the small hole shown in the 3rd and 6th pics.

What you can see though is where the screw holes are in the top of the arches and also that you do have to remove the tail lamps because one of the tail lamp screws goes through a hole in the bumper.

A new bumper is about £160. Had I realised how little damage there actually was, I probably would have repaired rather than replaced.

Thanks for the pics - together with your step by step guide I feel pretty confident about taking off and putting it back on.

I'll have a think about the bumper itself as I need to consider what additional costs repairing a bumper would add to my overall bodyshop bill!

No prob, it isn't going anywhere!

If you want any more info on how it fits, or photos from a different angle - more to do with understanding how to remove / refit than considering this one, just let me know.

No prob, it isn't going anywhere!

If you want any more info on how it fits, or photos from a different angle - more to do with understanding how to remove / refit than considering this one, just let me know.

Cheers, will do. Many thanks for all your help :thumbsup: