I hate Autoglym!

Yesterday I polished my silver clio 197 with autoglym extra deep gloss polish and ill never use it again, it didn't go on very nice and wouldn't come off without massive amounts of effort and when it eventually did decide to part company with my paintwork it left it looking nothing more than just clean,, so today I had the bright idea to use autoglym extra gloss protection on my black impreza and to be fair it went on very nice, but just wouldn't come off, even worse than the extra deep gloss polish and what did come off like the dung I'd used on the clio left a dissapointing shine in the end I resorted to using autosmart "wax" to get the other sh*te off and the difference in the finish between the autoglym and autosmart products was like day and night, i'll never use that cr*p again.

I don't find their wax particually good. Stuff like their engine/machine clean I use and that's about it.

For wax I use Race Glaze or Farecla Wax.

Waxing a car on a hot day is never a good idea, especially if you were doing it in the sun. Best to save it until the evening or do it in the shade.

Agree on the interior shampoo but there polish is awful
Get some Jeff Werkstat products on it you can use it hot or cold and is brilliant

I quite like the fast glass, the interior shampoo, the tar remover and the screenwash. But the polish isn't very good and it leaves really bad white marks on the plastics is you do drop any on them. The car shampoo is terrible. It doesn't lather and leaves white marks on the body if you don't wash it off straight away.

Waxing a car on a hot day is never a good idea, especially if you were doing it in the sun. Best to save it until the evening or do it in the shade.

Both cars were in shade and washed prior to application of autoglym products, in work (a bodyshop) I use autosmart and find their platinum polish fantastic and would knock spots off autoglym, to be fair the autoglym HD wax looks ok and I did win some in a show and shine but chose not to use it and sold it on instead.

I quite like the fast glass, the interior shampoo, the tar remover and the screenwash. But the polish isn't very good and it leaves really bad white marks on the plastics is you do drop any on them. The car shampoo is terrible. It doesn't lather and leaves white marks on the body if you don't wash it off straight away.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the white residue on the trim, don't get that with autosmart platinum :smile:

IMO Auto Glym has some good products in there range. But then some products I wont use as I feel i have better products for the task. You can get decent results using there stuff!! I always used it on my previous cars, but then progressed to better products.

There HD Wax is rated over on Detailing World. The products i still use from there range is:

Fast Glass/Car Glass Polish

Bumper Care

Tyre dressing: always will use this product as it leaves the tyre's just how i want them!! I hate shiny tyre's and it leaves them a nice matt black when sprayed on to the tyre's and wiped off

Super Resin Polish: Highly rated on Detailing World as it contains fillers to 'hide' swirl marks and make them less visible.

It's just your personal opinion at the end of the day.

Autoglym_Alloy_Wheel_Seal_450ml_096.711.jpg

vs

Mr%20Sheen%20Polish.jpg

I suspect they're the same that's all :tongueout:

Auto Glym are great stuff, I never have problem with them.

Think you are not doing it right. Go buy T-cut if you think AutoGlym is s**t.

Which "polish" did you use? The one with the black label? Ultra Deep Shine?

As for EGP (gold label) did you leave it to fully cure for 45-60 mins before removing it? Also, it only seems to work well if using Super Resin Polish (red label) as a base, anything else, and it won;t bond properly and will be difficult to remove.

Most of the AG range is competent, and you can get good results with it. They have re-formulated the shampoo too, so its has more suds now!