i want rid now!!!!

The 500 would be a sideways step IMO and won't really solve any of the issues you have with the clio

I dont get it.
You say you want rid of the 197 cos it costs too much in one breath, then talk about a works Copper or a R32 in another!
You say u want something fast and comfy not fast and cheap. Comfy = weight. Weight = bigger engine to go fast. Bigger engine = more money to run. IMO you wont get much more comfy and fast than a 197 for less money to run.
From what you are saying- fast and fun but still affordable, id be looking at stuff like the Fabia RS or a diesel Leon FR, but i think you'll be disappointed after the clio. Good luck whatever you decide anyway :smile:

Last edited:
i think you all too the wrong end of what i said.

i want something that is worth the money to run, im basically paying out £500-600 a month fueling a clio...

i wouldnt mind if it was something a lil more pricey but its worth around 6k if that and over a year i pretty much spend what is worth just running it.

the owner before me added the miltek i just replaced it when it blew as its the same cost as a normal exhaust.

the kw v1s i added and i love them. I am looking at selling kw products so thats why i got those.
plus i wanted to witness the hype for myself.

i love the car and can afford to run a car like it. But my gf thinks its a chaved up clio.
my mates aint into cars so dont really care and also think its chaved up.
it dosnt exactly look great turning up to meetings in it and carting potential suppliers around.

(just my opinion)

plus with the milage i do warranty is a must.

i love performance cars. I love the clio, i just dont like what its doing to my pocket, yes im moaning about the cost of running it, but im moaning more about the fact im paying 500+ a month to run what can only be called a CLIO!

seems silly i could run an r32 for possibly less!
or a golf R!
i had a range rover as a rental car from stratstone over christmas! that was more eco than the clio!

its just mental!

I do drive the twisty roads normally and today it just taught me by going the motorway way that the clio is pants at most things other cars are good at.
if i had just stayed with my mini i had before the clio i could buy an rs focus out right by now!!

i am not trying to sound horrible towards the clio as i love it but its silly spending twice its worth just running it for 2 years and being left with a car no one is going to want next year when petrol is at £2
it costs £200+ just to tax the thing!
£400 to insure (which is its only up)
£69 to fill 3 times a week! maybe more!
and £200 to service.
its a clio and its a 56 plate which has no warranty and the ****ter gearbox its deffo going for a german or something similar with a warranty and 10 more mpg!

question is why did you buy it in the first place? if i was going to be doing them kind of miles/filling up i would of got shot long ago!! lol

because petrol use to be 90p...

i think iv just fallen out of love with it. gunna give it the beans on the way home see if it can change my mind.

I didn't realise those were the sort of mile you would be covering...I only bought my Clio 7 months ago and it has been to work with me no more than 5 times as I have a Daihatsu Fourtrak with 72K on the clock that I bought at an auction for £1250. Its perfect for a 25 minute commute to work, which admittedly is in the middle of the countryside, but I cover about 400 miles a month in it and fill it up no more than 3 times a MONTH! Don't just get rid because you over spend or overuse, just keep it in the garage for weekends like me and get a Fourtak or something in that price bracket, who cares what people think of you in your 'second' car because you know what you have waiting at home...

Just realised how homosexual that sounds...I'd just like to state my gf also hates my care but its mine not hers right?

because petrol use to be 90p...

i think iv just fallen out of love with it. gunna give it the beans on the way home see if it can change my mind.

not being funny but with all of that blurb youve posted in this thread a blast on the way home wont change that. You want something fast but better on eco. You wont find it much better really mate in the long run, even if you do the price of the car will just cancel it anyway. tax will always be high, tyres, fuel etc.

Any hot hatch used to rack up that mileage was always gonna be a fail.

Diesel is your friend

This is strange thread. A few simple questions if I may.

You bought a milltek and are annoyed with the loud sound?

You bought what is essentially a performance car and you're complaining about the running costs?

Sounds like you need to sort the car out then get rid.

^^^^this^^^^

i would love an rs. and no doubt will get one but its not a cleaver move.

thats what my mum would say anywho!

Oh yes another confusing comment. I want more mpg so ill buy a highly tuned 2.5 turbo........

i would love an rs. and no doubt will get one but its not a cleaver move.

thats what my mum would say anywho!

Not sounding rude but if you and your dad already have a 'toy', then why would u even consider another hot hatch? ST's/RS's are some of the worst!! I dont care what anyone says, 182's, 197/200's, golfs anything with that power all near enough cost the same to run. Some may do a little better on long runs but when you see how many miles you get from a tank, its all near enough the same.

imo i have never seen hot hatches as cheap motoring ever!!

Long distance only means one thing to save cash and thats diesel mate.

Not sounding rude but if you and your dad already have a 'toy', then why would u even consider another hot hatch? ST's/RS's are some of the worst!! I dont care what anyone says, 182's, 197/200's, golfs anything with that power all near enough cost the same to run. Some may do a little better on long runs but when you see how many miles you get from a tank, its all near enough the same.

imo i have never seen hot hatches as cheap motoring ever!!

Long distance only means one thing to save cash and thats diesel mate.

182's will return 45mpg lol :tongueout:

If you're thinking of getting the EsseEsse version of the 500 Abarth think again...my sister has it and it loves a drink, what more can I say. If you want something more comfortable why don't you try and pick up an A4 diesel, reliable mile after mile and can get one sub 60K miles for about 7 grand if your willing to drive a slightly older car.

If I were you I'd buy a motorbike...fun and cheap!

It only seems that way because of the small fuel tank, like I said previously ours is modded and has more power and torque than the ss.

We manage 340 miles to a tank (taking 40ltrs) if it had a 55ltr tank like the Clio you'd get 467 miles to a tank. It's much better on fuel than our Clio. We can get 55mpg pottering about on the motorway.

Though another car to look at is a MKV Golf 2.0TDi we had the 140bhp car. It was a nippy car and a real mile muncher regularly returning 500miles to a tank and it certainly didn't have an easy life in two and a half years from new it done 73k.

The 170bhp 2.0TDi must be a quick car on the motorway.

Or theres the Diesel Megane RS (175bhp) I'd imagine it'd be just as good as the Golf.

182's will return 45mpg lol :tongueout:

i used to own a 182. the running costs were not a great deal less than my 197 to be honest. still could rape a tank if i wanted to. best ive had out of mine is 412miles on one tank on a run. Got about the same in a 182. Which is my point...theres not a lot of difference. :tongueout:

I was going to suggest a Megane RS DCI, but I think you want more of a badge don't you? A BMW 1 or 3 series D is your best bet. That or an Audi.