Induction Kit

G

gemma.l

Hi All,

I am new to this site and just upgraded to a Clio 197. Can anyone recommend a good Induction Kit. I was thinking about the K&N Apollo or Gen ll.

Thank you
:smile:

You will loose power with that.

Itg, ktec and v6 airbox are the only ones which you wont loose power with.

Welcome btw.

If you don't want to mess with the relocation of the battery - go for the KTR kit.

i personally don't like it much because I believe that it takes too much hot air from under the bonnet but they got some results with it (although I don't know if that was with the open bonnet or closed while on dyno).

As above really. There's only 3 that'll do a good job, ITG Maxogen, KTec or the v6 airbox.

My preference was the Ktec as I didn't have to move around the battery etc, giving a more "factory" look.

There is a v6 airbox for sale at the minute on ebay.

Would I lose any power with this model? As I want to increase power with all mods

V6 is the best, IMO.

You can squeeze it in the front without relocating the battery, but opting for a smaller one. The "less fuss" option will be K-tec.

[MENTION=52500]gemma.l[/MENTION] it's the wrong car to be hunting power increases on as the engine doesn't respond well without spending large amounts of cash. The best you can really hope for is not loosing power with the cheaper mods. It's not unknown for a filter, exhaust and remap to add only 4-5 bhp.

Would I lose any power with this model? As I want to increase power with all mods
Isn't that simple ! If you have a good car, keep it standard ( maybe panel filter ). All mods added lose power unless mapped afterwards, and costs a fortune for really bugger all extra bhp. Recently went out for a blast with another 197 cup, with the extras, guess who's was fastest !

I know you only gain 12bhp from a remap as I have been in talkes with AMD as they have done all my others. Think I will just leave it standard then better of that way.

@Deaks I know it is but its all the fella would let me have :worried:. Think I am better of leaving it standard. Maybe an exhaust is the only really decent mob.

12bhp is VERY optimistic. It depends on how strong your car is now to how much gain you'll see really.

I wouldn't bother going AMD either, you're better off going to RSTuning/SC Autos. If you were wanting to get a map, get it to improve drivability of the car rather than increase power.

Does it increase fuel consumption to? I know the map we are having on our VXR will and the one on our Cupra r did.

Nah. Right foot will probably get heavier so if anything it does the other way lol

197/200's are notorious for having a flat spot around 3.5/4k - this can be mapped out if you go to a good mapper. Should increase midrange torque as well. You might gain around 3-5bhp from the map but that's probably about it.

Right. So basically just a complete waste of time and money getting a map, plus my right foot is heavey anyway lol

I know you only gain 12bhp from a remap as I have been in talkes with AMD as they have done all my others. Think I will just leave it standard then better of that way.

Your a long way from AMD. They are very, let's say figure happy with there mapping results.

its not a waste of time doing mode to these cars, if your after a bit of extra noise, throttle response etc then go for the exhaust and induction kit. If your after power then as stated, you bought the wrong car!

Your a long way from AMD. They are very, let's say figure happy with there mapping results.

its not a waste of time doing mode to these cars, if your after a bit of extra noise, throttle response etc then go for the exhaust and induction kit. If your after power then as stated, you bought the wrong car!

I know but the whole reason of having this car is it was the only one that the fella said he was happy with me having. (I blame him)

I am looking to put an exhaust on but don't know which one yet. I am leaning to mill-tec as I have had several of them.

Maybe your fella is doing you a favour. My good lady "let" me have an Impreza P1, it needed an engine rebuild within a year (done under warranty), then let me get an Evo X. I'm having to go to court with that one as the engine blew up after only three months! Hence why I picked up a 197 last, just wanted a bit of stress free, fun driving 'til the Evo is sorted out.

Ps, I got around 40-50bhp extra in the P1 after spending around £2k.

Last edited:
Or you can just get a meg :wink: Got the handling, fun to drive etc etc. They tend to be up on power (where as clios down) and a simple remap will gain you a fair few ponies and a ton of torque

I'm obvs a tad biased though :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions