Insurance?

Well, I'm on countdown to the 28th when my Clio 200T will finally be mine and starting to look out for insurance.

So, question is, who do you guys use for insuring your cars and what's your honest opinions on them.

I'm trying to get a good compromise of not being seen off re price and having decent levels of service/cover as I'll be using the car for work.

Would welcome your views please,......

Another vote for Greenlight here. Great bunch of guys who really know their stuff and are passionate about cars.

I was with greenlight when I had the Focus ST now with Admiral as they were literally half the price.

I'm with admiral as again they were half the price of greenlight, however i only just got the car. Now I have had some 'experience' with the car he said it would drop allot.

With Saga for over 50s Ha Ha

Only 7 years to go for me before I can enjoy the Saga experience:tongueout:anic:

Thanks for the info guys, will have a think.

To be honest, I've had quotes as low as £280 fully comp including business use, whereas the average is around £375. None of these include the cost increase of remapping my car which I won't be doing straight away and need to build in to the cost of insurance going forward.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying, although at the same time don't like getting ripped off.

If say I go with £375 and then remap next year, bearing in mind I'll probably be able to achieve a 15% increase in torque and BHP, what do you guys reckon I should expect to pay as an increase on my premium, same %??

Im with Adrian Flux, Greenlight came in more expensive for me. Mine is also insured for 1000 miles of business use. Worth a try, I also find it better to talk to someone rather than filling in page after page of web forms.

You only find out how good an insurance is when you claim.

Personally I'm with aviva with the level of cover I want and not the standard stuff most give and I pay peanuts imo

I could actually get standard cover for £205 on the 200 and £215 on the 265 Trophy with them.

You only find out how good an insurance is when you claim.

Personally I'm with aviva with the level of cover I want and not the standard stuff most give and I pay peanuts imo

I could actually get standard cover for £205 on the 200 and £215 on the 265 Trophy with them.

Aviva will still only pay out book price though and knowing a few people that work for them and what they tell me I I would never insure with them.

With Greenlight all my mods are insured as like for like new replacements, if my car gets written off or nicked I get the money for what my 200 is worth and the cost of all mods on top meaning I could get Meg conversion done.

Skyinsurance, was literally £80 to insure every mod I could imagine ontop of the normal premium. Very helpful too.

Keith Micheals Insurance Services, they have looked after all of our motoring insurance needs now for 10+ years.

Similar Thread Suggestions