Insurance

TBH, 5 years ago I paid £1400 thrid party fire and theft on an 8 year old mk1 1.2 Clio. I was 17 and it was my first car. So an extra £200 for a 197 isn't too bad in my eyes. It's all realative at the end of the day. People who say that's way too dear are generally those who are much older and have been driving a lot more than you. Getting a year older doesn't make much difference either from mhy experience. I had to renew my insurance on Thursday, which co-insides with my birthday. I was 22 on Thursday and the insurance dropped by about £60. I have 5 years NCB and nearly had my licence 5 years. Paid £807 with a excess of £650. But the problem is, there is a compulsary excess of £250 because I am under 25, a compulsary of £250 on the car and then the voluntary is £150. So I had best keep it on the road and not in a ditch!

Im 21 years old. Last year to insure my 172 was £1150, and when I changed over to the 200, I got a refund.

This years renewal, im going to be looking at around the £900 mark (hopefully cheaper as im on a Multi-Car policy).

That's a lot of bank tbh. I wouldn't pay it, but then my insurance on the 200 is £420.

I suppose it comes down to how much you really want the 197, mate!?

Similar Thread Suggestions