...Interesting? or not? pre-kat elimination..

Every good exhaust builder can do this. You don´t need this particular part.

In this particular offer, you have to send in your manifold inlcuding precat and they will do the welding.

I refresh the 3d :wink:

in italy there is already people that fit this..
supersprint make this Y-pipe for delete the pre-cat while them don't produce the pipe for remove the cat!!

i hope to test it soon!:bounce:

A few guys here in South Africa have done this mod with very good gains.
Here is an example of one that has been ceramic coated.

They just cut out the cat, and got a local exhaust place to make up the connection

DSC00009.gif

They just cut out the cat, and got a local exhaust place to make up the connection

DSC00009.gif

:jase:

very good gain:bounce: how gain? @ low/medium or only high rpm?

Decent gains throughout the rev range, but mostly on top.

It was fitted in conjunction with a 63mm exhaust, with one center box, and split into two 57mm pipes into two boxes at the rear (3 boxes in total).

DSC00009.gif

that minfold is a work of art, i'd deffo be lookin into gettin one of these if they become more readily available

Anyone have a pic of the standard manifold? If that cermamic coated one isnt?

This is something id fancy doing :smile:

Is that all that was done to that exhaust system Simox ?

Pre-cat removed, the rest is standard exhaust ?

What's the gains ?

here my Y-Pipe..:clap:

YclioSS1.jpg

YclioSS2.jpg

@Simo
I notice on the Y-piece it says Grade 304 Stainless Steel.
Just be aware that grade of stainless hardens at it gets hot and cools down, so it might be prone to cracking.

Another thing to consider is that the Manifold is Mild steel and if you have welded Stainless to Mild Steel, it will cause corrosion at the connection

It might have been better to do this in Mild steel and have a bolted connection to the Stainless Steel exhaust

@Simo
I notice on the Y-piece it says Grade 304 Stainless Steel.
Just be aware that grade of stainless hardens at it gets hot and cools down, so it might be prone to cracking.

Another thing to consider is that the Manifold is Mild steel and if you have welded Stainless to Mild Steel, it will cause corrosion at the connection

It might have been better to do this in Mild steel and have a bolted connection to the Stainless Steel exhaust

hi carlo! Everything is possible..
but i know that SS make exhaust and exhaust components in very high quality.. and they test all their components befor sell us! http://www.supersprint.com/
so i trust in their components and in their technical :wink:

So we can try it and after many mounth i'll make check of the piece and post some photo of the condition! :smile: