Interesting times ahead.....

Price will be the main factor in who buys these cars, nowt else.....speed, running costs etc and only applicable when your having to balance them against other stuff. Who said the Clio's not fast anyway...? Its hardly slow!!!!

Think they mean like tuning potential.
Astra Vxr can be had for cheaper. That's if you want traffic light racing.
Show it a bend....

Interesting thoughts guys. IMO a very big percentage of people buying a performance car, a quick hatch or whatever is interested in numbers. 0-60mph, 0-100mph etc, and clio on papers doesn't seem promising.

6.9 (if that) secs for 0-60mph, 135mph top speed and 0 tuning capabilities is enough to put the aforementioned group of people off and I can't say I'll loose my sleep over this tbh. I really can't remember how many times I've been asked from audi/seat/vw etc owners what this car does 0-60...this is really funny. And I always secret smile when I see their faces after I reply ''8secs''! On the other hand I can't really recall any Lotus owner asking me the same. So bizarre...

I believe that you don't have to be a fast driver to buy a clio, but only to appreciate and enjoy driving. And such people are always interesting, that's why this forum is so good. I definitely didn't buy the clio for its plasticy interior, neither for its pure performance, nor for it's tuning potential. Some are fast drivers, some are faster than others, some people are less fast. The point is that if you enjoy driving you will buy a car that can offer you exactly that, regardless your driving capabilities. And clio is one of these cars.

Last edited:
Revs to 23,000RPM!!!

OOOSH, got me one ov dem electronicalised superchargers.

I've got arch ducts and 6 gears....

SIX F*CKING GEARS.

Innit.

The 200 has an F1 style front blade AND a rear diffuser, hence why it pisses on the competition.

Just to be clear I'm joking..... some people take **** too serious sometimes. Neither of the above make pi$$ all difference

And 2 beeps when am at that sick point when only propa drivers no whats going on innit

Prices are allways going to drop (to a point) but i did'nt buy to make a profit so not too fussed on this.

Cars becoming cheaper is good for me as i'll be able to buy a cheap un to reshell into my cup car :thumbup1:

Options are a brand new 200 (on finance and p/x my old one in) with the Renault 4+ deal which will give me peace of mind.

They've allready made the last new 200 so options would be down to whats in stock.

Just hope this site does'nt turn into another cliosport.

They've allready made the last new 200 so options would be down to whats in stock.

Yup, there's about 50 unclaimed ones in the UK (as of yesterday) so it would be one of those.

Dealers seem fairly willing to mix and match parts though to get a sale...

And the one I want is still available...

But just had a reallllly good offer on a GT86 for similar cost per month... :S

choices choices!

Yup, there's about 50 unclaimed ones in the UK (as of yesterday) so it would be one of those.

Dealers seem fairly willing to mix and match parts though to get a sale...

And the one I want is still available...

But just had a reallllly good offer on a GT86 for similar cost per month... :S

choices choices!

I had my Renault dealer order two cars and swap the recaros from the other one into mine :smile:

Surely with the gt86 costing £10k more the monthly payments will be more?

Surely with the gt86 costing £10k more the monthly payments will be more?

You'd be surprised...

GT86 is a 3 year finance deal - can't get any longer directly from Toyota it seems - so it's final 'bloom' payment value is relatively high.

Clio would be 4 years - so the final bloom payment is far far less than the GT86.

So the monthly payments are within £15 of each other...

I believe that you don't have to be a fast driver to buy a clio, but only to appreciate and enjoy driving. And such people are always interesting, that's why this forum is so good. I definitely didn't buy the clio for its plasticy interior, neither for its pure performance, nor for it's tuning potential. Some are fast drivers, some are faster than others, some people are less fast. The point is that if you enjoy driving you will buy a car that can offer you exactly that, regardless your driving capabilities. And clio is one of these cars.

This is a great point well put.

I've just got my head round where I am at, yeah it's not great and I'm living super tight at the moment, but my 197 is the best. I'd be one of those other thousand driving to work in a diesel, anything else I'd have would be the same mpg, I just can't sell my soul to pick up that black pump in the garage.

I'll be keeping mine, servicing regularly and looking after it for the long term.