is it a bad time to sell cars.?

Yup, Cars like these (expensive to insure, tax and are thirsty) are deffo not in demand given peoples £££ situation.

Especially second hand that you have to pay the whole balance, given that there are some great pcp deals around. These type of cars are never really a long term option so if you can give it back after two years having only spent the same or less than the depreciation then it's a win win situation. :tongueout:roud:

Last edited:
Terrible time to try and sell 197s/200s especially due to all the finance deals.

Don't even to know what mine is worth now, I don't think about it and just enjoy it for what it is.

Couple of years and I'll trade it in probably anyway.

Why are you selling so soon anyway??

Im on the pcp, but it's my understanding that the great deal I got is no more (i.e. the £200p/m deal), they are not quite a bit more expensive due to Renault Finance not subsidising the deal anymore.
Isnt the basic price of a 200 Cup now £15k? Whereas the most id pay on my deal is £13.5k (if I buy the car in 2 years).

This is good news to me then as I'm nearly at the point of buying a 197. Been saving for a while now. My budget is 7k max. If nt 7.5k at most. If i go any higher, the insurance will be higher.

^^^^seen a few out there in that price range so you should pick 1 up easy

It's never a good time to sell a car, they're always worth less than you hope. Have you tried we buy any car? They usually come in at a bit below trade cost.

"we buy any car" offered £9800.?
I'm only selling so soon is that my wife is pregnant....we didnt know when we got the car....also it give's me a while to sell it.
I'd take £11500 for the car Which must be one of the cheapest in the UK for a nice 200.?

Lambo7 im in a similar postion. Have seen a few sub 5k mileage well spec'd 200's go for £13500-14 recently and some were newer than mine!

I recon if i kept my 200 i wouldnt get a penny over my GMFV which actually makes the 200 quite expensive.

Im thinking its fuel costs. was 144 per litre today when i topped up the clio today.

trouble is the market is going to be flooded with second hand 200s like what happened with our 197s and the price just plummets