Is it possible to fit the GT Spoiler to a 200/197

Hi people, has anyone fitted the the GT spoiler successfully as I've heard that from factory the cars have a different tailgate.

I've received my GT spoiler but it doesn't have any instructions. It looks like it attaches to the central part of the tailgate which could be difficult as you'd need to drill through two pieces of metal. I'm beginning to think this was a bad idea!! :worried:

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

i think the theory of having a different tail gate is ****e,

i have heard this before but dont think its true tbh, ( correct me if im wrong )

most spoilers will have to be drilled mate, even the one i have on has been drilled.

someone will let you know for deffo Stevo.

They don't have a different tailgate, they simply have two extra holes punch in the tailgate for the spoiler to mount to, when it's factory fitted.

If you retro-fit the spoiler you will have to drill these holes, which is, understandably, why people shy away from it.

It will invalidate any corrosion warranty on the tailgate and the holes will need suitably sealing to prevent rust etc.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks a lot guys, when I need some help it's nice to know how useful and friendly this site always is.

If I get any success I'll post up the details (along with the 200 projector/HID thread I've been promising a few people)

:smile:

Be interested to see if you can sort this, as when the dealer removed the GT spoiler from mine (to change it to cup spoiler) it was very clear there are (or were) 2 tailgates.
Unless they have started making 2 different GT spoilers, one for factory fit and 1 for after market.

Has anyone successfully fitted a GT spolier to a non-spoilered 197/200?

^ Not that im aware of because people always back off due to how expensive it tends to be to buy one.

But getting some sort of rubber compound or similar to make it water tight or another water based sealing lubricant will be essential on applying the tail gate.

this will be interesting! was going to get one of these myself then heard u cldnt do it because of the "different" tailgates etc.. let us know how it goes :smile:

It has been done already, to a non factory specced car. I can't remember who by but I'll have a look...