Just Not Good Enough

varlski, I think you're right to feel let down. I'd feel the same.

Seems like your just being a bit anal to me? Fair enough some guy at a desk has obviously filled it in wrong, its got nothing to do with the actual dealer, they were good enough to make you buy a 200 off them afterall.

They've almost solved, or tried to solve all of the mistakes, and im guessing they've apologised so why bat on about it like a spoilt child and try to get something out of it? I'm all up for people complaining if there is a need to complain, ie you ordered a specific spec and it came with something else. But when its just down to some guy at a desk and the cost of a 1st class stamp it seems like your being just a bit too anal and throwing a childish strop about it...

In response to Jason, how tolerant you must be. You'd just take incompetence like this on the chin wouldn't you? Bet not?

varlski, I think you're right to feel let down. I'd feel the same.

In response to Jason, how tolerant you must be. You'd just take incompetence like this on the chin wouldn't you? Bet not?
My car has bubbling on the rear wheels.

At the first service (July) - pointed this out - incompetent ar$eholes said they would take pictures and send to Renault for a warranty claim.

That's the last I heard from them :angry:.

In fact I must get back onto them to see if they've had any feedback - I'm sure they'll just say Jasey Who ???

Life's too short to get excited about incompetence in the British workplace - you'll end up with a coronary !!!!

Life's too short to get excited about incompetence in the British workplace - you'll end up with a coronary !!!!

All I said was that he's right to feel "let down". As for getting 'excited' about it, I'm not. It's each to their own I suppose about what matters and what doesn't. If people didn't complain though when they have every right to, I dread to think what sort of predicament we'd all be in when it really mattered! :uk:

Fair enough, if they haven't even offered an apology then it isn't correct. However from you original thread it seemed as if they had done everything feasibly possible to sort the issue out, yet you had took it further, to RUK & forum posts to somehow "get your point across" and turmoil the who thing even more.

Personally just think it should have been left for RUK to sort out, not for it to be ranted about on every clio forum?

And on the comment if this happened to me would I take it on the chin, no I wouldn't, I'd raise it with the dealer and then if they were too incompetent (which it sounds like they have been) raise it with RUK. The only point I was making that all of this mostly is cause a little man behind a desk who just fills forms in all day, and somewhere down the line they have taken your address wrong and the OP is trying to take the dealer down with all their might.

I didn't mean to get at you (reading it back now, it sounds like I was) I just thought the thread seemed like an unnecessary rant about a dealer who has tried their best to sort it out, and you was just being the customer who blows it all up into another proportion.

Apologies if you took my thread the wrong way. :kiss:

I think you have done the right thing posting about it on the RS forum and on here its the only way things might change and get better.

Feedback is needed in everything, good or bad !!

I just thought the thread seemed like an unnecessary rant about a dealer who has tried their best to sort it out, and you was just being the customer who blows it all up into another proportion.

Absolutely not. I don't consider myself a moaner at all, and I am quite a tolerant person. But they messed up on all 3 pieces of paperwork, and frankly that takes the p*ss a bit!

Apologies if you took my thread the wrong way. :kiss:

Ha, no worries!

Feedback is needed in everything, good or bad !!

My point exactly Maz. RUK have contacted me since the post, and I actually praised the salesman in my response. Its just the admin staff who are seemingly incompetent.

Yes, but the more people let companies get away with it, the worse it gets. I doubt Lexus dealerships treat their customers as an annoyance, so saying its Renault, you should expect it is it utter nonsense.

And just to clarify, I love the car and my salesman was great and I don't want to get anyone sacked. As an electrician, I am accountable for my work, so why can't the dopey admin staff be accountable, regardless of how 'petty' it may seem.

It's not unusual for you to feel like you got bent over when dealing with dealers it seems.

I think by the sounds of it though if these things have got you riled then when they really do make a major cock up I fear for their lives :tongueout:

Try keeping calm when your presented with a trumped up secretary telling you they just sold the tyre they were supposed to fit to your car or that they need to have your car a week to refurb an alloy. You're in for fun times if you keep the car :smile:

Just to put some closure on this, RUK were great in contacting me and listening to my little story and were genuinely pleased to hear feedback (bad CS, good sales & car).

They decided as a way of saying sorry, they will pay for my first service to be completed when necessary. I'm actually quite surprised by this as I wasn't expecting to receive anything at all, other than an apology.

Great work RUK!

Have you had your customer service call in addition to this issue?

I havn't had mine and had the car 15 days now.

Have you had your customer service call in addition to this issue?

I havn't had mine and had the car 15 days now.

The dealer rang me after 10 days to ensure everything was going ok with the car, but not directly from RUK?

Who is the call supposed to come from?

Its to do a feedback survey on the customer experience, everyone is meant to get them.

Nice of the dealer to ring you, I never got that.

Its to do a feedback survey on the customer experience, everyone is meant to get them.

Nice of the dealer to ring you, I never got that.

Ha, well my complaint might have scuppered the feedback call.

Renault Leicester were pretty good from start to finish really, except the paperwork cockups. But then they are part of the Renault Retail Group (basically RUK).

I had my call, can't remember exactly how long after collecting the car, but it was from RUK.

CJT_RUK said:
Not all customers are contacted. They will only phone landline numbers and this information is taken from the vehicle ordering system. So, it is reliant on the information that the dealer puts into the system.

If you did not give them a home phone number, they will not be able to contact you..
Theres the answer !!

That's wrong though Maz, just posted in your other thread.

They rang me on my mobile...

That's wrong though Maz, just posted in your other thread.

They rang me on my mobile...

And RUK rang my mobile. They must have got it off my vehicle order, as they only info I gave RUK on the RSforum was my car reg (in a PM!).