Just test drove a 200, slower than expected

Ok so i just tested a 200, and it was pretty fast,

But a month or so ago I test drove a 197 and it seemed significantly faster.

The 200 had 9k on the clock and the 197 had 38k on the clock. Is the sluggishness due to mileage? as I have read on here that the engines are not properly run in until 20k, or did i just test a weak example of the breed?

lol

alot of people are trading their car in by the time they get to 9-10 k so they never get the full beans from the engine

just somthing i have notice from this forum and the other reno one lol

Mines almost at about 7500, it seems to change in stages quite noticably.

Up to 3k it was very tight and didn't like to rev all that much, upto 6k it felt a bit more open.

Now past 6k it feels quite free and willing to rev but then again seems to keep getting better.

it will until it gets to 100,000 lol they it will be on the decline lol

If they are correctly warmed up but driven hard they will loosen up fairly quick-

From selling 2 X r27's now onto the 200 the 200 certainly feels quicker in both acceleration & cornering speed-

The white ones are the quickest apparently-

S

when i was taken round a track by a renault tech from
rs he said the engine good for 200,000 miles

Lol 199999 ticks over to 200k n just goes bang lmao. I think he was pulling ya gud leg there roy. U remember the old comedy sketch "same brush for 10 years... 5 new heads n 5 new stales."

Same over the course of 200k slow but surely they replace every part until the 200k engine may aswell have done 20k lol

Mines great but thats what you get from flooring it out the showroom

Non of this running in pony 1 week old and after its first track day it was like the engine had come alive

I drive mine like a nutter and its feels stronger and stronger every week, just turned over 10k too :smile:

My last car was horrid until it passed the 15k mark... then it just seemed to breath and became a different animal :smile:

There are several 172/182s over 200k!

Renault engines and running gear are pretty strong, it's the trim etc that falls to bits

Lol 199999 ticks over to 200k n just goes bang lmao. I think he was pulling ya gud leg there roy. U remember the old comedy sketch "same brush for 10 years... 5 new heads n 5 new stales."

Same over the course of 200k slow but surely they replace every part until the 200k engine may aswell have done 20k lol
you calling me Dave there Trigg:lol:

lmao.

so back on subject lol i think if its serviced at more frequent inervals than once every 2 years then there shudnt be a problem.

1 week in i was racing a audi 3.0tdi all the way up to 70 that is . . . . ..

Similar Thread Suggestions