K-Tec or K&N Induction?

Wisenatcho

Paid Member
Not sure which to get... is one or the other noticeably better? The K&N 57i works out quite a bit cheaper but doesn't seem to be so popular on here.

Go ktec mate, got one on mine and it's spot on! I had the k&n on my old fiesta and it only lost performance.

K&N has already been proven to lose power whereas the ktec has proven gains. Even more so with a remap.

As Fernandez said, it has to be after. The more mods you do before the remap the better really because you can accommodate the lot in one remap, no need to tweak your maps afterwards etc.

I'm still undecided whether to get the K-tec induction kit or not tbh, I'm afraid that it'd be too loud from the inside...

Last edited:
K-Tec one is superb as as said above, proven to give good gains. Sounds fantastic when giving it the beans also. Nice and quiet when bobbing along.

Ah well at least it will be a nice noise! plus it won't cause a flat spot like removing the center silencer...

I have a K-Tec with a decat and no center silencer with a Fastchips remap, and I have got a huge flat spot. I think I will need a live map at K-Tec but at the moment, if you time it right, it makes a pop on every change! lovely

Last edited:
I have a K-Tec with a decat and no center silencer with a Fastchips remap, and I have got a huge flat spot. I think I will need a live map at K-Tec but at the moment, if you time it right, it makes a pop on every change! lovely

Ahh that's rubbish - a custom remap should clear that flatspot no problem!

Tamz