Keyless Entry and Flat Battery - 2011 Clio 200 FF

Ok so went to the car this morning and the car didn't open. Tried the other fob and that didn't work. Used the hidden fob key and the car is completely flat.

Tried jumping using the missus car +ve to +ve then -ve to ground. Nothing after 3 mins then nothing after her car had been started for a few mins. Disconnected and tried again, then finally get a spark at ground and ignition comes to life.

Same again, waited a few minutes then start her car. Held the revs on that for a few mins then tried the usual "hold brake and press start button" all the usual ignition sounds and lights come on but the car doesn't even attempt to start.

Long story short and around 30 minutes connected I can get it so the ignition is on but it won't attempt to turn over. Tried all combinations - inserting the fob, removing it etc.

Luckily it removed the steering lock so I can be towed if necessary as I don't have home start. However, it's left the lights on and I can't turn them off, so it'll be completely flat again shortly.

It's a bit unusual as the battery is a brand new Duracell fitted a month before I bought it a few weeks ago. I only drove 30ish miles last night at 10pm so it's not like it's been sat for a while.

Tried searching the forum - only one with a similar issue but no solution. I may try bump starting but don't know how it would react being keyless.

Any ideas?

Try to disconnect negative terminal for moment to get lights off? That is weird if lights are on even you turn those off? Do you have ctek charger or similar for car battery? Try to charge it first full and then attempt to restart..? Keep us updated.

Update:

Charged the battery up using an external charger. Reconnected the terminals and all electronics seem to work ok. Comes up with press brake and start button but when I try, it doesn't even attempt to turn over.

The one thing I have noticed is that the lights are permanently stuck on. It's auto lights so tried holding the auto button on the end of the stalk and it comes up with auto detection deactivated but the lights stay on. Tried closing all doors and locking but lights stay on. Im guessing the lights stayed on last night which caused the battery to die because as I say, it's only a few months old.

I'm guessing with all the recent rain I've got some sort of electrical gremlins as the lights stay on and it now won't start, even with a full battery [emoji19]

I've disconnected for the night and will try again in the morning. Otherwise it's a call to Renault in the morning I guess [emoji17]

If anyone's had the lights staying on let me know if there's any other way to turn it off as I've only owned it a few weeks coming from a GTC VXR.