Keyless Entry

Ye, mine doesn't work somethimes if my phone is infront of the card in my pocket. As you say though, it's rare and is easy to know what the problem is. I think the keyless system is one of the best things about the general everyday ownership of the car. Another good thing is the cruise control which I used again today.

renault technicians have been telling people here when having problems and people i known with scenics with key card entry and the word is they do have a small battery for ignitioon perposes, it take years for them to discharge enough for it to effect your car.it charges the card through magnetic fields. ive never had a prob cause i always use the slot, people that havent and have probs start using the slot and it starts working again.

I Always slide mine into the slot 8) i have no idea if it charges it or not i just slip it in for ease and comfort when driving

I Always slide mine into the slot 8) i have no idea if it charges it or not i just slip it in for ease and comfort when driving

personally I find slipping 'it' in to a slot whilst driving quite hard... er wrong forum

I leave mine in my pocket will have to stick it in and see if it makes any difference

keyless entry and ignition is a god send, I forget that other cars you have to press buttons so open the doors - and i work in a car dealership, so i do regularly look a bit daft just walking up to a car and trying to open a locked door. Should be standard on every car. Lifes so much easier with keyless entry.

Yeah notice if i keep my phone and key in the same pocket it blocks out the signal.